“Super friendly!”

Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Not only was the Hampton in Wyomissing clean and easily accessible, the staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful in every possible way. They went out of their way to accommodate me and my group. It is a wonderful facility for both families and business.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel Monday-Friday for 6 months in 2011. The staff was warm and welcoming from day 1. They were always willing to give directions or offer suggestions for a place to eat. There are fresh baked cookies every evening which is a nice touch (and they are delicious!) The rooms are very clean, good internet, good cable. GREAT breakfast! One of my favorite breakfast selections at a Hampton Inn. Great gym, new equipment, nice TVs. Nice looking indoor pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, near the elevator. If you like the ground floor, ask to be on the si...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I was reluctant to stay here given some negative reviews that I'd read. I'm very happy that I chose to ignore them and give this hotel a shot. The lobby is beautiful, parking was great, location was awesome and the staff exceeded my expectations. The internet was slow and the elevators were dated but they were nothing overly concerning or problematic for me. I wouldn't try to hold a video conference on their internet but for mail and general browsing, it was adequate.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Overall this is an excellent place to stay for short or long term visits to the area. Excellent pool and exercise room. Well maintained property. Good hot breakfast. Real high speed internet. The only draw back to the property is that there is no guest laundry and you either need to use a laundry mat or their service which is rather expensive.

I do recommend this property overall.
Ron Wensley

Room Tip: Always ask for a suite it is much more comfortable.
1  Thank Ron_Wisconsin_Dells
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Wyomissing PA is not on my list of places I really want to visit before I leave this life, but it was on my company's list of places to send me for work. That said it's a very decent, clean hotel with a friendly, and helpful daytime staff. The front desk staff at night is not the best I have ever encountered. Let's just say they realize this isn't the best shift, at the best job in the world. The room was exactly what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. A clean room, with a fridge, and microwave as an added bonus. I have stayed in much more expensive hotel chains that didn't offer these simple comforts. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom/shower spacious, and clean. I would ask for a bath mat, because I almost wiped out several times once the soap hit the tub floor. My biggest problem with this hotel is the Internet, which is free, but painfully slow. If this doesn't matter to you, like it does to me, then if for some reason you find yourself in Wyomissing, PA you have a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank UncleSparky1970
MHadfield, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you for the recent review. Our hotel does pride itself on cleanliness and we are glad that you agree as well. We do listen to all of our guests and take into consideration everything they say and suggest, with that being said, we just recently updated the wi-fi throughout the hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town on business.

Melissa Hadfield

Reviewed 17 February 2012

A family emergency made it necessary for me to book a room I would literally be sleeping in 7 hours later. I didn't have a lot of time to research hotels in the area and chose the hotel based on a familiar name and price. I booked through the hotel website online and drove away hoping I would have a room when I got there.
Arriving that evening, the front desk was very friendly and my reservations were just as I had set up online. The lobby area was small but clean and I was offered fresh baked cookies that were waiting on the counter.
My initial impression of the room was filled with worry. The usually pristine and smooth bedding I had come to expect was clean but very lumpy. Looking for the former guest socks under the blankets, I realized that the quilt under the duvet cover was "bumpy". The bed was remarkably comfortable with three pillows of different size and feel to suit everyone's needs.
The room smelled good...or rather lacked that hotel smell. Lighting was good with all the lamps plugged in and lightbulbs working!
The bathroom was spacious with a corner vanity and full tri-wall mirrors with good lighting. It didn't have the magnifying pullout mirror that I need, but the good lighting definitely helped.
The toiletries are in miniature and the quality was fair. I would bring my own next time.
Morning breakfast is typical of these types of hotel. The eggs and sausage patties were good, but not the restaurant quality that you always hope for. It offered the usual fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, fresh made waffles and baked goods. Its a great benefit if you have kids. Seating area is nice, with a small dinning area next to the front windows.
The hotel was exceptionally quiet, although I suspect from the lack of cars, it was not especially busy.
This hotel is surrounded by restaurant chains, strip malls as well as a full sized mall. It is within close proximity to Reading Hospital.
The only negative experience I had while staying here was the itemized bill slipped under my door...It wasn't mine and I was privy to information about the tenants of the room across the hall.
My biggest criteria for a good hotel is cleanliness and I was pleased with this hotel. The rooms, hallways and elevators were very clean. This is not an upscale hotel, however it doesn't try to be. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit and would chance another Hampton Inn on another trip.

Room Tip: Our third floor room was in the back of the building and away from the main road. This offered us af...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Hotel is beyond filthy! I've stayed at many Hampton Inn's in the past and this hotel is by far the worst I've ever stayed at. The staff is not overly friendly, and the breakfast is a joke. If you're staying in Reading, do yourself a favor and book at a different hotel. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mmiller23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
0.3 km away
1.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
1.4 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing

Been to Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing? Share your experiences!