“Just passing thru”

Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We made a last minute decision to stop over in Reading so we could go to Cabelas in nearby Hamburg, PA the next day. It was easy enough to make a reservation on line. Finding the hotel and accessing the parking lot from the road were a little more difficult, not being familiar with the area. Check in went smoothly and the desk attendant was very friendly/helpful. The lobby appears to have been renovated to look like some of the other Hampton Inns that I have stayed in recently, however, the upstairs hallways were shabby and dated. We had great difficulty trying to get the key cards to work so I had to make a trip back to the front desk. It was as if they expected me to come back and they correctly guessed the reason for my return before I even opened my mouth to speak. Fortunately, the second set of keys worked fine. The room furnishings were dated, but the room was clean. There were plenty of dining options in the area and lots of shopping opportunities if you need some retail therapy!

Room Tip: Request an upper floor to avoid traffic noises.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Brian C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review MSAPERRY. A lot of what you mentioned is going to be taken care of as we start our renovations. Our lobby was completed in January of this year and the rooms and exterior of the building are scheduled to begin shortly. I am also hoping to get the new RFID locks for the hotel rooms. While it is not an overly frequent issue, we have heard some complaints about keys demagnetizing. We have an incredible location and great staff, so I hope to see you back again after the renovation to see all the changes.

Until then,

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times and it has always been a pleasant experience. Clean and convenient to shopping and restaurants. We did notice that this time the room was a little worn. Rug spots, wobbly furniture legs, worn arms on sofa and in need of a new bed box spring. Ice machine on floor wasn't operational. Breakfast was mediocre at best. Pastry, bread items, oatmeal, and what I believe were frozen mini egg omlettes. (Rubbery and cold) One day sausage the next ham. Cereal, fruit. Beverages. I'm hoping there's a reno before our next visit. My husband and I also noticed a lack of hospitality from the staff. No acknowledgement when passing by the front desk, or from the breakfast server. The only person that said "hello" was the housekeeper on our floor. Hopefully this too can be addressed.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Brian C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Jo, I will be sure to address your concerns with my staff. We are starting a renovation shortly that will cover the interior rooms as well as the exterior of the building. The items we serve at breakfast are brand required. We have a GM's conference coming up and I am hoping to address what we've been hearing from guests there.

I promise your next visit will be superb and if there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

The carpet in our room was so dirty and stained. Never let my feet touch the carpet the whole time we were there. Always had shoes on. The hotel was not completely booked, so I would think that they would keep the dirtier rooms unused as long as possible. Other Hampton Inn's in other states have been wonderful. This one needs a little updating.

Susan,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We take the cleanliness of our hotel very seriously. We have listened to our guests and recently purchased a new carpet cleaner. With 142 rooms, its possible we hadn't gotten to that room just yet. The carpet cleaning is a small step we are taking to keep the property in order until we start our full-scale room renovations. You mentioned that we needed a little updating, but we are doing A LOT of updating! We're all very excited about the changes coming. I hope you'll come back and see the finished result. If I can be of any assistance with future bookings, please let me know.

Thanks,

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We needed a bath-seat for the my father to shower. I inquired at the front desk if one was available. It was an amenity one would not expect. I did not see it advertised. It was very much appreciated! The breakfast staff was so friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the review bjmck5! The staff here is always trying to accommodate requests whenever available. While we may not be able to take care of every request presented to us, I am glad to hear that we were able to help you our the shower seat. We don't have it advertised because most guests who need shower assistance book one of our handicap accessible rooms with the roll in showers or built in tub seat; but those rooms only have one double bed in them. For guests that need two beds, we have two different types of removable shower seats.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

From the moment I was greeted by Jessica at the front desk, I knew this was going to be a TERRIFIC visit! Jessica went out of her way to make sure that I had everything I needed to make my stay the best it could be, (including my favorite cookies, Lorna doones). Not only was the service great, but the room I stayed in was spacious, clean, and immaculate. The breakfast offering were also delicious and piping hot!! FANTASTIC VISIT AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALL as definitely will be back!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Brian C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Thanks for the review Randy! Jessica is fitting here well with our staff and we're happy to have her. When I found out that Lorna Doones were an option for our HHonors, I knew I had to have them; they're a favorite of mine too. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

This stay for it's very very good. See you next year maybe before thanks for filling me lovely .room contable,supplies in the bathroom was perfect ,lobby and breakfast area clean and organiza pool area exelente

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Brian C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Gladys, we can't wait to see you again next year! We Love Having You Here! Best wishes until we see each other again!

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Room was ready when I arrived and was clean and comfortable. Small refrig and micro added value. e-check in was flawless, internet worked well and complimentary breakfast was good. Checkout quick and easy. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We certainly appreciate the kind words, Gregory. I am hoping to make the e-check in process a little bit more fun by introducing Digital Key (use your smartphone as the key). They haven't rolled it out for all Hamptons yet, I'm looking forward to having all the features. We hope to see you again soon.

Until then,

Brian J. Cottman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
0.3 km away
1.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
4.4 km away
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading

Been to Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing? Share your experiences!