“A fine place to stay...”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Reviewed 17 April 2012

As volleyball officials for a two-day tournament at Kutztown University, a colleague and I shared a room at the Country Inn in Wyomissing for one Saturday night in April of 2012. My aunt actually booked the room for us with her hotel rewards points, so I have no idea how much it would have otherwise cost us. When she booked the room for us, she was told that only smoking rooms were available, so I was not surprised when we ended up in a smoking room. And as smoking rooms go, it wasn't terrible for two non-smokers, though we did open the windows and turn on the fan as soon as we arrived and until we left in the morning. Of greater concern was the fact that we were "upgraded" to a jacuzzi suite, which meant that there was only a king-sized bed, even though my aunt had been promised two beds in our room. The two of us had no interest in soaking in a jacuzzi tub together, and we really didn't want to share a bed, so we had a rollaway bed brought into the room. Thankfully, we weren't charged for the rollaway, since they didn't have a room with two beds available for us as we had been promised.

All of those logistical snafus aside (and somewhat understandable, since the hotel was completely packed and we didn't actually pay a dime for the room), our stay at this Country Inn was fine. The room was relatively spacious, with nice complimentary toiletries and free wifi. Parking was plentiful and convenient. The free cookies in the lobby were great (at least the ten that I ate!!). The hot breakfast in the morning was quite sufficient, if not utterly remarkable. And the location was easy to access from Rt. 422, which made it quick for us to get to and from Kutztown, about 15 miles north of Reading.

Overall, there was nothing that thrilled me about this place, but it served our needs. Easy access, free wifi, and a decent breakfast were just what we wanted, and I'd happily stay here again if I'm spending a few days in the Reading area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank clo110

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Was looking for a nice clean affordable place to stay. I chose Country Inn because I heard it was CLEAN and the price was affordable. I was very happy from the minute we checked in. The staff was polite, friendly and accomodating!! The room was spacious and extremely clean!!! I am very fussy and I was very comfortable here!!! The breakfast was nice also. Many people mentioned there wasn't much around, but if you go down the road maybe 2 miles there are many things. We went to an Italian Bistro named VIVA'S It had music and great food!!! Overall we enjoyed our stay here
and would definately stay here again!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed for 2 nights for the Berks Jazz Fest. Great value for the price, could not afford to stay at the Crown Plaza this year.
Friendly staff, Gail and the breakfast, clean comfortable beds coffee, tea and choclate chip cookies around the clock.
Too bad this side of town is pretty desolate- a closed TGI Fridays across the street, the VF outlet has seen better days! Did manage to find lots of shopping opportunities. The Farmers Market was great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2012

From the warm greeting from Tim, the counter manager, to the hot coffee, cookies, and clean rooms, this little place is a gem. The suites are clean, amenities great, and the hot breakfast is superb.
Tim was great, explained where various restaurants were, and in short, made our stay like coming home again. Traveling quite a bit in my job- I always like when a face recognizes me from a visit a year ago.
Breakfast is hot, plentiful, and always replenished. Coffee and cookies are available 24 hours a day.
This place may be small, but the staff is big on service....something very important in this day and age.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PADancergrrl
Reviewed 31 January 2012

First time we stayed at a Country Inn & Suites, we usually frequent other chains, but choose this because of the Whirlpool Suite. Overall it was ok, but it was not what I was expecting.

Pros: Staff was very good, bed was very comfortable, kept clean

Cons: Whirlpool for 2 - should have been called whirlpool for one, property appeared to be in "tired" condition, they tried to paint to cover it up, breakfast was not very good - little variety and poor quality. Overpriced for what we got.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I have had the opportunity to stay at this location on numerous occasions as my travels frequently take me to the Reading area. I am always recognized by name upon my arrival and am quickly and effortlessly checked in. Tim, and Cathy at the Front Desk always provide the most professional service with a smile and are very accomodating to my needs and requests. The breakfast (complimentary) is always hot and fresh that varies from day to day during my stay. Much more than your garden variety free breakfast at alot of the other chain hotels. Gail the full time breakfast person has been awarded the Employee of the year for the entire Country Inn chain and shows why she earned it. She never forgets a face and is always there with a warm, sincere welcoming smile to start your day.

The only negative that I can say about this property is that they seem to have an issue with keeping the hot tub in the pool room at an actual HOT temperature, but this is an issue with equipment not the people that work there as the maintaince staff is also very friendly and welcoming.

There is alot to do in the area surrounding the hotel from food, malls and the VF outlet( which is located just across the street and easily accessable.)

If you have the chance to be in this area rest assured that your stay here will be enjoyable!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2011

The Country Inn in Wyomissing, PA. is newly remodeled. The rooms are very clean. The staff was excellent; free breakfast was just okay. It is in walking distance to all of the outlets at Vanity Fair. There are several restaurants nearby; we chose Smokey Bones. the food there has a nice variety with prices everyone can afford. Great location, Friendly, Clean. Priced right.
We had a death in our family in Reading and the hotel staff couldn't have been nicer to us.They
also have chocolate chip cookies, coffee, hot chocolate, and tea 24-7.

Room Tip: They do have larger suites; however we fit 3 children & two adults in our room. the desk clerk...