All reviews dunkin donuts front desk office park sesame place business park complimentary breakfast nice hotel room was clean waffles the breakfast area would stay here again living room convenient location bucks county easy access new jersey short drive
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Currently undergoing some renovations but room was nice and everyone was friendly. About 8 minutes to Sesame Place. Decent breakfast, skip the french toast tho as it doesn't taste like much. Would recommend for overnight stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Lisa,
We are very happy to have been able to host you here at Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown while you were visiting Sesame Place, and we are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We wish you all the best, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Everyone was very nice and accommodating the breakfast was amazing with many choices they have a gym and a pool the hotel lobby is very beautiful the rooms were clean the only thing the bed was not very comfortable

Room tip: Everyone was very nice the hotel is clean comfortable and very pretty the bed was not as comfortable as I would of liked

Dear Elaine,
Thank you very much for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown for your recent visit to the area. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your overall visit with us, and appreciated our friendly staff members. We do our best to accommodate a wide range of preferences when it comes to mattresses, and we are sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied in this regard. We wish you all the best, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2018

Staff was very friendly and helpful! Hotel under renovations, but did not bother us that much. We were there for a family wedding and their lobby is great for a meeting place. We hung out there both Friday and Saturday night until very late and staff was just fine. Lighting in the rooms would be my biggest complaint. Bring a big light because you cannot see. Very clean rooms. Great time was had by all of our family!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed friendly service from our team, and we hope you had a great time in town for the wedding. We appreciate your feedback regarding the lighting and apologize for the inconvenience. It would be wonderful to see you again next time you are visiting the area!

Reviewed September 9, 2018

I spent one night at this hotel, which is undergoing renovations, to be near a friend I was visiting. The noise from the renovations could be heard on the 2nd floor. It is located at the back of a corporate office park and is obviously aimed at corporate types who need to be near their offices. There are no shops or restaurants within walking distance, a car is required.

First, the pros. My suite was large with plenty of drawer and storage space. There is a mini-kitchen with a small refrigerator, sink, microwave and cabinets. The king bed was comfortable. There is a desk and chair in the living room/kitchen area and another desk and chair in the bedroom. Breakfast is complimentary.

The cons: The A/C was turned up so high in the public spaces that it was freezing. When I entered the room, the A/C was blasting; the temperature was set at 66 degrees and the suite was freezing. I turned off the units when I went out for a few hours. When I came back the suite was still cold because the hallways were freezing so I had to turn the heat on--in September! The decor was cold, uninviting and unattractive. There is nothing on the walls, not even those awful framed hotel prints. The furniture looked like it had been purchased from a second-hand used office store: all fake wood and metal. Some of the storage inside cabinets was open shelving but it wasn't attractive. The view was of the parking lot with a huge dumpster filled with old hotel room furniture. There is a huge whirlpool tub in the bedroom area. It's not enclosed and there's so fan so I imagine if it's used, the bedroom and entire suite will be humid. There is a 3/4-length mirror (full-length if you stand away from it) in the living room but not in the bedroom or near the closet. There is no luggage rack in the room, you either have to lift a suitcase onto the desk or unpack on the floor. The fridge was noisy so I unplugged it since I wasn't using it. I'm a Hilton Honors member but I was not given the usual HH welcome gift.

I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor away from the renovations.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear Diana,
Our team appreciates your informative and thorough review. It is good to know that the spaciousness of our rooms and our complimentary breakfast were highlights of your visit. Please accept our sincere apologies that there were other aspects of your stay that didn't meet your expectations. We will be doing a complete renovation of our guest accommodations, and your insight is very useful as we undertake this project. We would love to have you back once the updates are complete to show you the many ways in which we have improved.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

As we have come to expect from Hampton Inns, the amenities are predictable and good values: large, comfortable rooms, plenty of parking, free internet and free breakfast. Though I made a special request for a room, it was not honored; however, I was quickly relocated to a different room when I complained. The reservation was made under mine name, but it was located under my wife's name. Odd. I asked for a quiet room and was given a room next to drilling renovations. Could the guests be informed ahead of time about drilling hours? But the front desk staff bounced back and resolved the problems quickly and effectively.

Also, I wonder if the hotel could start a campaign of putting hydraulic door closers on the rooms and exits, or a campaign to get guests to nos slam doors. This would help get rest.

Room tip: Away from the wing of the hotel that's under renovations.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear JC,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are pleased to read that our spacious and comfortable rooms and host of amenities could meet your expectations. It is, however, unfortunate that some discomforts arose on account of our current initiative of updates. Our team works hard to ensure that our guests' experience is minimally impacted and we will take your insight into account. We apologize for any confusion at check-in and sincerely hope that we have the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. Visit us again here in Newtown when our updates are complete!