All reviews cinnamon rolls front desk complete breakfast ihg hotels free breakfast smelled great room was clean rewards member room wasn't ready check in was a breeze washer and dryer staff was helpful and friendly turkey sausage outdoor pool yogurt decent stay would stay here again
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night on our way to West Point. Had a wonderful night’s rest. Bed was comfortable and did not hear road noise. The bathroom was small, but the water pressure in the shower was amazing! Breakfast was good. Cinnamon rolls were wonderful! Everyone was friendly. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

I decided to give this property a try again while doing some training nearby. My room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was good most mornings but on Wednesday morning I picked up a biscuit and a sausage patty and when I bit into it the sausage was ice cold. Disgusting! This hotel was a good value and I will probably stay here again in the future.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here last night after I was unable to get back to my own home due to a snowstorm in the area. The staff here were polite, friendly and very professional! My room was comfortable and quiet. I frequently stay in IHG hotels went on vacation or business and this location was everything I would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. If your travels take you to York, Pennsylvania I would highly recommend this as a place to stay!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2018

I have always preferred to stay at Marriotts and I was a bit anxious when my admin booked a holiday inn express but was pleasantly surprised. The evening and morning staff was great and very helpful. Loved seeing their smiling faces. The rooms were spacious and comfortable.

My hotel preferences might be changing as I felt very welcomed! The hotel smelled great and it offers more amenities than a normal select service Marriott does.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2018

What a disgrace this hotel is to the holiday inn brand.

checked in and the hotel lobby was filthy. the floors had clearly not been vacuumed in weeks. disgusting, food on the floor and tons of junk.

got my room and first thing went to the bathroom and noticed the floor and bathroom were full of someone elses hair. disgusting. so i went to open the window blinds because i wanted to watch the snow falling outside.
i see 4 dead flies in the white draping mesh, then i continue to open the drapes and find over a dozen dead flies on the window area inside my room.

immediately i pack up and go back downstairs completely grossed out and demand a new room that is clean.

the hallways floors again on 4th floor were disgusting and again had not been vaccumed in weeks.

attempted to take a shower and there was not hot water in new room, called downstairs and they said oh thats a shame, there is nothing we can do for you. i asked for a new room with a hot shower that was clean and she said nothing else was available. disgraceful.

next morning again i tried to take a hot shower and again no hot water, called down again and was told no one is there to check out my water and there is nothing they can do. how can you do nothing for me and not have hot water? disgraceful. i paid for a hot shower and a dead fly free room. how hard would it be to dust, my table and dresser were full of dust. do the housekeepers even clean?

so i went down to the free breakfast and it was empty, no eggs, no sausage, no milk. i looked around for an empty table and there were only 2 but both had trash on them, yes i had to buss my own table and find napkins to wipe it down because it was full of food on the actual table. i got toast and waited 15 minutes thinking they would refill it, nope, where was the free breakfast you advertised? i had to go buy breakfast at a restaurant because you offered nothing.

disgusting hotel that clearly never gets cleaned properly, no food at breakfast. i have stayed at many holiday inns and this is by far the most disgusting and disgraceful.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Hello bir52292,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Holiday Inn Express York, PA. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory. IHG values your experience with our hotels. I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience. Please allow us another chance to make things right.

Krysllin G