“Wonderful view, big menu with great food”
Review of Eagle's Nest

Eagle's Nest
Ranked #47 of 456 Restaurants in York
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Before I arrived in York Thanksgiving weekend, my boyfriend told me we had reservations at the Eagle's Nest Friday night. I immediately Googled the menu and thought that everything sounded great. We had reservations for 6:30 p.m. and were seated by the window. It was a gorgeous view. There is also an outdoor patio now - I'm sure it will really be stunning when you can sit outside and enjoy the view in warmer months.
Our drinks came very quickly along with some bread and butter. It was tough to decide, but due to the cold, the "Signature" french onion soup was calling my name. I ordered the soup and the stuffed mushroom caps. My boyfriend ordered steak and shrimp with coleslaw and mashed potatoes. Everything was very good. I can honestly say the french onion soup was the best I have ever tasted. There were five mushroom caps included in the appetizer. Perfect for sharing considering I could only eat about two after the soup.
My boyfriend raved about the shrimp and it was perfectly boiled - not overdone at all. For the meal and drinks, it was very reasonable. Overall a great experience.

1  Thank QueenCtyChick

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I met three friends for dinner on a Saturday night. We had a reservation and were seated at a great table upstairs by the windows. Our waitress was taking care of a large party a couple of tables over so she was a little slow getting back to our table to check on us but she did a good job otherwise. We were having such a good time and were not in any rush so it was not a problem.

We had last eaten there a year or so earlier and remembered not being real impressed. This time was quite different. The menu offered a broad varied selection and we all ordered something different. Everything was delicious, well prepared and well presented.

Prices were moderate. Most meals were between $20 and $25 and worth it. I would recommend the Eagle's Nest for a nice evening out.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My first trip to the Eagles nest was YEARS ago. It had a really neat "tiered" system for food, which I enjoyed, but the service and restaurant at the time were sub-par. I went back last night, and although the tier structure is gone, the place looks great, and the menu had a good variety.

The crab dip appetizer was very good, and there was LOTS of it! Usually my boyfriend and I are fighting over the last morsel, but this time we had enough extra dip to take home!

We both ordered the king sized prime rib, and WOW, was that delicious! It was probably the most tender I've ever had, and the portion was huge! I know i ordered the king size, but even still, very impressive. The only food I didn't "love" was the garlic mashed potatoes. They were toooo garlic-ey for me. I thought they were over seasoned, but I know some garlic lovers wouldn't call that a bad thing.

I see other reviewers mentioned poor service. I didn't think our waiter was bad, but there were periodic delays on refills and such. I feel this is probably more to do with inadequate scheduling than bad servers. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the view, the food, and our time together, so the slight wait didn't bother us.

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We'd been here many years ago, when we still lived in the area. It was dinnertime then, very crowded and busy, but we loved it! It was one of those experiences that sometimes comes up in conversation - even years later, "remember when we ate at that place...?" So we always wanted to come back, and knowing how some restaurants come and go, we were excited to find that the Eagle's Nest was still there. This time, we went mid-afternoon on a Saturday. Beautiful, bright sunny day. Very surprised, however, that there were so few cars in the parking lot. I'd checked the hours, so we knew they had to be open. Once we got inside, it was very easy to see that only one other table in the dining room was occupied. Still thinking we're lucky to have come when it's not so busy!
The food: We ordered the crab dip for an appetizer. It was okay -- not "roll-your-eyes-back, to-die-for, the-best-ever" -- but it had real crab, and it had flavor, so at least that made it okay. For our entrees, we each ordered the Sea Combo #1; thought it would be a good way to sample a few different items. The crab cake: again, had real crab and had flavor, so that made it okay. The fish: overcooked and tough, very little flavor, even when adding as much lemon juice as possible from the lemon wedge. The shrimp: good size, but also overcooked, tough, and very little flavor. The scallops: again, overcooked, tough, and NO flavor (like rubber bands in dishwater, perhaps?). As a general rule, I do not ever sprinkle extra salt on a served meal. This time, however, I picked up and used the salt shaker 3 times! That being said, there was one part of the meal that DID have flavor. For the side with our entrees, we each chose the garlic mashed potatoes - Too Much Garlic!
The service: The service was good, no complaints. However, there was only one other table occupied when we were there. Other reviewers have indicated they were not happy with their service, so I have to wonder if our experience would have been different if it had been busier.
Overall: We were very disappointed with the near-complete absence of flavor. And it was a relatively expensive meal! No, we did not complain. However, we will also not be going back - not if we're paying that amount of money. We will probably still tell stories about "when we ate at that place," but now we can talk about the experience from both ends of the spectrum.

2  Thank narujame
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was our first time here, and it was fabulous! Very nice wait staff, and the menu had something for everyone. The food was a bit on the rich side, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. Would recommend trying their crab encrusted sea bass, it was a hit at our table!