“Ehh. Just an OK average hotel.”

Days Inn & Suites York
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in York
Dover, Delaware
“Ehh. Just an OK average hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Used a service thru my work that offers discounts, so I got a really really good deal. Used Trip Advisor to weed out hotels we decided not to go with.

We had a 3 hour drive and just needed to stay the night for another baskeball event. Arrived around 10:00 at night. The desk clerk was nice and informed us about the breakfast (which we passed on...more later)

My first impression was that this place was sketchy. There were a few scraggly men walking around, but our romm was close to where we parked, so we were good.

Room was clean. AC took a while to cool off the room. Bathroom was clean, but really really tiny. You can't close the door if you are on the potty. The carpet was really damp too.

It's your average, cheap, concrete block wall, outside entrance hotel. Like I said, I got a really good deal and we just needed a place to sleep.

Hubby checked out the breakfast in the AM, and we decided to pass. We checked his phone for places to eat and found Round The Clock Diner, which you can practically walk to. (more on another review)

It's just an average hotel. Nothing special. Probably will not go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Pip1128

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Soke-on-Trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

As usual I booked in advance and got the discount, so good value

The Motel is located in a dead-end road, right by the Sheetz gas-station, its near to US30 , there is a bit of traffic noise, but it drops off at night.

There a couple of 24hour diners across US30 from the motel, didnt have chance to try them.
Very pleased with the motel, very nice building, well-decorated. Check-in was only delayed by a couple of people who kept asking endless questions. My own check-in only took a few minutes, proof of id, credit card, job done.

The room was very nice, very clean, well-decorated, a huge bed and very comfortable.

There is a coffee-maker and microwave in the room and a fridge.

There is a free breakfast bar next to reception, and there is a free computer to use in the business room, very nice touch if you dont have a laptop, the wifi worked fine and quiet fast and its free.

Here for 2 days, when I returned the room was back to its immaculate state, well-serviced, clean towels etc.,

The room (107) had a nice desk and chair for doing my computing/writing on(see photo), the table light had power sockets in the base for my laptop, thats what I call a cool touch.

Very nice staff, even supplied me with large trash bags to dump my unwanted rubbish before I flew back home.

All in all, very nice hotel, reasonable rates if you book in advance, gets my vote !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

We were in the area for a week for some sightseeing and made reservations at this Days Inn. The value for this hotel was great compared to the other hotels in the area. The hotel rooms were clean but the pool area needs some attention to repairs. There was a garden hose that ran from the hotel in to the pool which created a trip hazard. Also, the hotel changed sheets on their schedule and ignored the request for sheets to be changed. We had spilled some soda on the sheet and requested the sheets to be changed by placing the card on the bed. When we turned down the bed the stain was still on the sheet. Housekeeping did change the sheets but only after calling them.

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you, then request an inside room at this hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HotCorner3
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

The price was so cheap that I was a little scared to book this hotel. But being a spontaneous trip to york, i needed the deal. The rooms were nice, clean, and much more than I expected. I had no bad experiences like the couple I saw on trip advisor. The other guests were mostly families with well behaved kids. No bugs, no stains, no smells. The only inconvience was they forgot coffee in the room. But I grabbed it from the lobby breakfast bar. Microwave and fridge in the room. Courtyard and pool. Definetly worth it.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Life_Enthusiast
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

The place seems okay, but at night you can't see the underpass of the bridge and it is completely dark. Its placed on a hill which is alright, but at night you can't see pass the parking lot. I had a friend visiting me while i was at the hotel. When she went to go home at night there was a guy standing in the parking lot that asked for her purse. Like some females do, they scream and run which is what my friend did. At the location, it is so easy to attempt a robbery and run into the darkness of a down slopping hill if you know where you are going. Called the front counter of the hotel to check things out. 20 mins later i called back. Lady told me she went to check it out...."REALLY?" . I would have called the police, but seeing how my friends still had her purse, and she insisted i don't call the police seeing how she was frighten, i let it go. I figured some sort of investigation would have been done seeing that they have security cameras, but according to the lady i spoke with at the front desk, there was nothing they could do...?! Other things about the hotel was the floor was wet, and the all the tv channels kept going in and out. Personally i wouldn't go back to the hotel, and if i did for some strange odd reason, i would not go out at night.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these York hotels

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

went here as a doubles couple trip ... the staff was very friendly and helpful they allowed us to check in three hours early and where not pesky about late check out dont know if the breakfast was good we ate elsewhere but it smelled yummy ! gym 24 hours pool is nicley maintained across the street from gas station and walking distance to taco bell friendlies wendys mcdonalds a diner and hardees , drug store and dollar store also in walking distance . rooms where exceptionally clean carpeting was clean as was the linens towels bathrooms etc. both rooms we booked where very spacious all in all you CANT beat the value for this stay ! dont listen to the bad reviews go have a good time !!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MODIFYEDxDOLL
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I just want to say that being used as I am of using hotels a lot, this time that we took one of my buses (atcbuses.com) for this family trip... I didn't know what to expect of this hotel. And the truth is... even is not that close to Hershey Park as I expected... the hotel has been through extensive renovation, I could almost say Luxurious but no... is not like the 5 star hotels I stayed before... because of the space in room and bathroom, but is absolutely on top of this 3-4 star hotel. Everything looks very new inside the bedrooms, Mr. Harry Patel the owner was there to say hello himself, and I can only say I strongly recommend this place. Clean, good service, and plenty of room for breakfast. Thank you Mr. Harry. Carlos Avalos. President ATC buses of Orlando.

Room Tip: it is cheap, and rooms look brand new.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family