“excellent value for the price”
Review of Motel 6 York North

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in York
Greenwich, New York
“excellent value for the price”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here for an overnight while attending a college basketball game for our nephew. The location was very convenient to York College and also to nearby restaurants.
The room was super clean and has been recently redecorated.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jerry T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
Sayre, PA
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The room was fine, no problems, comfortable bed but unfortunately I was unable to sleep because of the loud noise, slamming doors, and profanity coming from another guest down the hall. This happened several times during the night and I only got about 3 hours of sleep as a result. Ironically, the only reason I stopped was because I needed a good nights sleep before i could continue on my way! When asked about my stay, I told the desk clerk my bad experience and the room was comped, as it should have been. Thank you, Red Roof, for your satisfaction guaranteed policy in this case- it was appreciated! Just an FYI, ladies- no hairdryer in the rooms!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank 2seniorcitizens
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The Red Roof Inn is great value for the budget minded small business person. I make periodic business trips to York PA and I usually stay for 10 days at a time so I had opportunities to observe the day to day operations. I found the staff to be very friendly, and my room was cleaned daily to a consistent high standard. The refrigerator and microwave were a decent size as well as a comfortable bed. During one of my stays I had an issue with a slow moving drain and within 10 minutes of bring it to the attention of the front desk a maintenance person was knocking at my door. The issue was resolved quickly. If you sleep lightly you should request a room on the north side of the hotel. You’ll find those rooms are quieter than the rooms facing Arsenal Road. I also notice an Iron and board are not in the room but had no problem receiving one upon request. When asked, the staff was quick to point out their favorite eateries. I’m sure you’ll find something to your liking within a short distance from the hotel. To the housekeeping, the front desk and management I say, great job and thank you!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank kwilli12
seattlelover317
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn York for two nights (Friday and Saturday) in a non-smoking room (no smell of smoke anywhere). The room is small but it was very clean. The room had a microwave and a small refrigerator. The check in process was quick and easy. The hotel is near many different restaurants (Hardee’s, Denny’s, Olive Garden, Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Arby’s and a diner just to name a few) and also some shopping (CVS, Old Navy, Michael’s Crafts, Weis Grocery Store and a liquor store). It is about 10 minutes from Spring Grove, PA – which is where we were meeting some friends. Beautiful area. Also, very close to Gettysburg, Lancaster and Hershey so the RRI was the perfect location. Just in case, if you need a blow dryer for your hair or a iron/ironing board – bring your own. The room doesn’t have it.

Room Tip: I think any room is good -- we didn't hear any outside noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank seattlelover317
State College, PA
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn York for one night (a Tuesday). I was traveling with two small dogs and had reserved a room with two full beds. I was surprised to find it had a frig and a microwave, which are both really helpful when you are traveling with pets. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable for a budget hotel. I had a non-smoking room and there was no smoke odor in the room. Check in was quick and easy. There is a free coffee machine in the lobby and you can make tea, too; there are also some vending machines. The hotel has a large grassy area on two sides (it isn't surrounded by parking lots), so even though it is next to an interstate it has a good place to walk your dogs, and has an outside trash can for disposing of poo (you do need to bring your own bags). Bring a flashlight as it is dark in that area at night. Access is a little tricky - if you are coming south on I-83, get off at the exit before Arsenal Road (George Street) - you will have to make a U turn to enter the hotel using the driveway by the Hardees. If you take the next exit onto Arsenal you can only go east, and can't make a legal U turn as easily, but once you turn and are heading west again, the hotel is on the right just past the interstate.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Calisto18
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We needed a place to stay for a last minute weekend trip. We decided to go to Lancaster and Gettysburg, so York was the perfect place. The hotel was great, clean and most importantly cheap. The staff was very nice and the location is perfect!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank alison k
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 October 2011

we spent 2 nights at the red roof in in york, pa and i will say that it really wasnt too bad for a no frills hotel/motel. the room was clean, bed was comfy, had a frig and microwave. the water pressure in the shower was good too. all in all no complaints for this hotel. dont normally stay here but had smokers in our group so we had to find a place with smoking rooms.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the street have more noise
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple