“Even though no pool or big breakfast - GREAT HOTEL”
Review of Motel 6 York North

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in York
Key Largo, Florida
“Even though no pool or big breakfast - GREAT HOTEL”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I really liked the layout of this hotel - big, comfortable beds, quiet, not too much noise, cool lobby, friendly staff. The only thing I would've liked better is if there was an indoor or outdoor pool. I thought the little breakfast items - poptarts, granola bars and cinnamon buns, were cute! I would definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Suites are usually unavailable - book a regular room. Room size varies.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Aidan J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This is a very nice, reasonably priced hotel in York. It is well maintained and updated. There are some little restaurents to check out nearby too. Overall this is a good value for visiting the York area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mcroft116
New Cumberland
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I chose this hotel because of the reviews. I was a long term guess until I was asked to leave after asking for compensation for the room when my heater/air conditioner blew up. Yes, electrical sparks and burning wires. The so called manager,Tammy, was very disrespectful to say the least. The TV had issues from day one and after 2 weeks was still not fixed. I was with out my heater for two paying days. Tammy response to me was that I did not need it any ways that is was warm out side. LOL quit the customer service. Then there is John. He was very pleasant on the phone while i was booking the room but when I informed him I was having issues with TV and hot water, his reply was there hot water system is strange and the TV issue was on channels that I did not need. After being there for two weeks I was told I would have to leave because of a convention that had booked the hotel. I was a bit upset that I was not informed about this while I was booking for 42 day stay. I was then told I could stay but would have to pay a higer rate than I was given when I booked. During my stay I made purchases on line and had then sent to me room. After being asked to leave because I complained to much about no heat, no air conditioner, no hot water, I was ask to leave. I informed them I had two packages that where to be delivered and they they would hold on to them and I could pick them. The packages where delivered and John told them he had no idea who I was. All I can say, buyer beware. I would not recommend this hotel to any one. I stay in hotel often as I work out of town for my job and have never been treated like the people at Red roof of York, PA. They act like they are doing you a favor for allowing to stay at there hotel. Bottom line, stay away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
RRI315, General Manager at Motel 6 York North, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
I apologize for how you feel about your experience while a guest at our inn. It is our goal to go above and beyond and exceed our guest’s expectations whether they are staying for a single night or long term such as your stay. Our team strives to provide the best service experience and in this case, we felt that we assisted you with every need and service required swiftly and with care for your satisfaction. I appreciate your feedback as this will only help us to improve our levels of commitment to our guests and their experiences at our property.
Tammi Dorsey General Manager

Travellers are raving about these York hotels

New York
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Best bang for thr buck. Red Roof is a very limited service hotel chain, so you know what your getting. With that said the staff were great, rooms very clean and large and the rate was excellent. There are plenty of places to eat and enjoy yourself close by, even walking distance. I will stay here for sure next time I am in York.

Room Tip: Superior King is great.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank TonySI
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Ok I admit we stayed at the Red Roof on a last minute whim when we just needed a place to stay for the night. We went in with the "how bad could it be" attitude. I have to say - the room was CLEAN, with updated furnishings that looked new, and the staff was friendly and fun. And for what we paid, it was an absolute steal. It is an economy hotel, no frills - bath stuff is not the top, (but who picks a hotel based on their shampoo) and no big breakfast but it was a great little place for a nights stay. If I need to stay in York again, I would pick this hotel over others we have stayed at including the Sheraton. How can you beat under $70 for a Saturday night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank BKS4242
Keyser, WV
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We have used this hotel various times. The staff is always friendly and the rooms clean.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rav4mom
Greenwich, New York
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here for an overnight while attending a college basketball game for our nephew. The location was very convenient to York College and also to nearby restaurants.
The room was super clean and has been recently redecorated.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family