“Great Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2018

Tong D is probably my favorite Thai restaurant. The food is always fresh and tasty, the staff friendly and accommodating, and the ambience serene. Special favorites are the spring rolls, scallop pancakes, crispy pad thai and basil fried rice.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Tong-D was one of my favorites, would have been 4-5 rating. However, in recent visits, 3-4 during the past 3 months, the chicken in the curries has been inconsisten—some very tender, some very tough! Not sure what happenned.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

My wife and I have been pleased with the take out food we have gotten from Tong-D in Barrington. We have not yet dined in the restaurant itself, but may in the future. We usually get the Chicken Satay for an appetizer and the Pad See Ew (which they give the English name of Pad-C-U) for our main course. The Chicken Satay is tasty with a peanut sauce and another sauce on the side, and the chicken is moist and not overcooked. The Pad See Ew is very good and is plentiful, with enough for both of us to eat, and still have left over for one of us for lunch. The woman at the front counter for picking up the food is friendly and polite.

Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

From my search it now seems that there is a second Tong D on the west bay side of the state.
In any case the take out Pad Thai and fried pork ravioli were pretty good.

It did not seem that there was a menu on their very basic website I would have preferred to be a little more creative in my ordering

Reviewed November 5, 2017

What I like about this establishment is that the standard Thai dishes are all there- the various curries made to your specs regarding heat, but they also have their own signature dishes like the Holy Basil checken made with an optional sunny side egg on top- My favorite