“Friendly staff and great service”
Review of Bristol Harbor Inn

Bristol Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We recently hosted a 3-day business sales meeting at the hotel. The accommodations were quite comfortable and the rooms were pleasantly decorated. The staff was very professional and friendly. We ordered in-house catering for our lunches, which worked out terrific as they provided us with great food choices. We also enjoyed a terrific dinner at the DeWolf Tavern. We continue to host our meetings here, as the service provided by the hotel has been exceptional.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 July 2011

Stayed here with my wife for 4 nights in June, suite overlooking the harbour,absolutely great location, parking restarant De Woolfe Tavern, excellent food and service, Ethiopian coffee, best I have ever tasted !! Bristol is lovely town, very friendly people only 40 minutes drive to Newport, Bristol Harbour Inn is an ideal location for touring Rhode Island

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel upon a recommendation from a business associate. I stayed one night and loved it and the location.

Queen room non-waterfront- This room was spacious and the bathroom was also. Although I did not have a direct waterview, I could see part of the marina. The windows in the rooms open so you can get the fresh sea breeze. The hotel had free wifi and decent cable. I can hear the closing of doors or conversations in the hall way when people walk by. I simply put a towel at the bottom of the door which seemed to take care of the problem. The hotel has a noise reduction policy which requires quest to keep it down after 10 pm.

Breakfast- Continental breakfast is mediocre and could use improvement. There is no fanfare here. The bagles and bread are all served in the manufacturers packages, to indicate someone went shopping and plopped it down. Coffe and juices are provided.

Parking - The hotel shares the lot with other businesses and guests are not allowed to park overnight. The hotel shares a lot across the street which is a 3 minute walk. I pulled my car into the lot to check in and ahead of bringing down my bags.

Eatery- The DeWolfe Tavern is a gem located next door. The chef does a good job serving up main courses and desserts. Attentive Staff. There is also a waterfront eatery just off the parking lot. The food was average but the views are nice. Plenty of choices within walking distance.

I would stay at this hotel. Book early rooms fill up fast as it is the only hotel style business in the area.

Room Tip: Book early to get the room of choice. This hotel only has 40 rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed for three nights at the Bristol Harbor Inn over Easter weekend in April. We were charmed by the location and the view of Narragansett Bay. The room was comfortable and the continental breakfast was very good. The De Wolf Tavern next to the hotel, serves delicious meals and we had a very nice Easter dinner there. TheThames Waterside pub, just across the parking lot sits on a pier and is a great place to have a drink or a light lunch. Bristol is a small but charming town with shops, restaurants and some nightlife. We enjoyed the weekend there. One drawback regarding the hotel, however, was that the noise from the hall and the room next door was most annoying. We filed a complaint with the management regarding our last night's stay which, after several communications with them, was resolved to our satisfaction.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I stayed at the Bristol Harbor Inn during a recent business trip. I typically stay at the chains for business, so it was a refreshing change to stay at a non-chain and still have a good visit. The rooms were large, clean and obviously updated. Unfortunately, there wasn't any wi-fi, so bring your own LAN cord or ask at the front desk for one.

I was told that I would have a harbor view room, but since the hotel runs perpendicular to the water, the view is actually at an angle through the window. This is most likely the case for all of the rooms.

The location; however, was great. Within walking distance to downtown Bristol and the local Dunkin Donuts (no on-site coffee for those late night e-mails!). I can imagine that in the summer, this is a pretty happening spot to stay, with views across the bay of the Bristol Yacht Club and their sailing and racing.

There is a nice pub located between the waterfront and the hotel which I would also recommend to anyone staying at the Bristol Harbor Inn.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank chrisduer
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I have a child going to college in the area and I cannot say enough to describe how terrific this place is. The location, restaurant and staff all are excellent. A special thanks to John the manager for taking care of every need for us. We are definitely going to be staying at the Bristol Habor Inn every time we are up in the area ...And I know to book early since Bristols best kept secret is out!... the Inn fills up quickly so be sure to make your reservation early!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I've read some of these reviews with surprise, particularly the more negative reviews. I've stayed at the Bristol Harbor Inn several times over the past two years both on business and pleasure and I have had nothing but positive experiences.

The Inn is really quite charming, set right on the water and has two restaurants within a stones throw (the DeWolff being my favorite). The rooms are on the smaller side but nicely decorated. I've read some reviews that the rooms were "dated" but this has not been my experience at all. Perhaps because the rooms do not have "modern" themed decor some may be interpreting this as "tired".....I felt the rooms were quite "charming". The mold/mildew problems mentioned? This was definately not my experience. The linens and towels were soft and clean and I saw no signs of wear. My only gripe would be the comfort of the bed. It was much too hard for my taste, although others might love this.

I have had the opportunity to stay in a standard room (2nd floor), a room on the 3rd floor with a fireplace, and a two room suite (2nd floor). Each was lovely and clean but my personal favorite was the 3rd floor room with the fireplace. There was an odd corridor you had to pass through to get to this wing which was loaded with old antiques...very unique.

The staff was very helpful and always said hello as I walk by the front desk. Service in the room was always thorough with no problems noted.

I admit the breakfast wasn't anything exciting but they do mention it is a continental breakfast after all... I've seen people complain about this but to be honest, it is exactly as advertised, folks....

It's really the location that makes this place what it is. Bristol is a little New England gem next to the tourist mecca that is Newport, Rhode Island. Bristol is a great long weekend destination and the Harbor Inn will suite most of your needs well.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
9.8 km away
20.3 km away
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#4 of 21 in Newport

Been to Bristol Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!