“BEWARE OF RATES”
Review of The Surfside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Charlestown
The Surfside Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Charlestown
new york
“BEWARE OF RATES”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Clean place, ok for business....BUT.. not worth what we were charged (in the off season)... Beware of rates! I booked after speaking to the owner & being quoted a rate for two rooms as we'd be staying there off and on for the next 6 weeks on business. A week later I was surprised to see that I was charged more than the quoted price. When contacted, I was told that the rates went up 2 weeks ago, but know from my discussion with the owner that the rates don't go up for over 2 weeks -from now, When asked about the cheaper rates on their website, I was told that was for a limited # of rooms. As they were aware, I HAD planned on staying here durng the week for the next 6 WEEKS, at least, booking 2 rooms for 4 nights min., BUT have decided to take my extended business in the area elswhere. I thought it was silly they would lose an extended booking for NOT honoring their qouted price. NOTE: They would have made more if I had stayed the 6 weeks than they did charging me $30 over their qouted room rate for my first night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank S S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2012

stayed here while on business in Charlestown. Pros: nice people; convenient location; clean; relatively comfortable; good internet; nicely decorated; quiet (except for the power equipment store next door if you should want to sleep in); microwave and fridge. Cons: very small room (had room with king sized bed); no desk or other useable space for working on a computer; very inconsistent climate control...either too warm or too cold, nothing in between; bathroom floor is tile and like walking on ice barefoot; shower is tiny (phone booth size); water in sink and shower takes a long time to warm up. If in town again on business, I would give it another try as there are not a lot of choices, but would probably try an efficiency unit as they appear to be larger with a small table (as per the website pictures).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank SirVayR
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We found this place on the internet when travelling to RI for Thanksgiving. We were pleasantly suprised at how clean and tastefully decorated the motel was. A very cheerful place. I can't wait to stay there this summer. I would highly recommend The Surfside Motel. For the price we paid, we got above and beyond what we expected. See you in the summer!!

Kathy & Peter Straub
Plattsburgh, NY

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy S
Copake
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We agree with the other reviewers that the Surfside is clean, cheerfully furnished, & very pleasant. Loretta is a hoot! The rooms have fridge, microwave, & lovely flat-screen TVs, but no coffeemaker or clock. Although no meals are provided, there's a Dunkin Donuts within sight of the motel & a decent, moderately-priced restaurant just around the corner. We would be happy to stay there again. The only minuses we found (& they were not deal-breakers) was that Internet connectivity was quite low & the shower was very small. In spite of those factors, the Surfside is a solid good place to stay!

Room Tip: Some rooms are on a second floor & some of the first-floor rooms have 2 steps to the entry.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Unionville
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We were looking for a low key place for my mother, and my sister and myself to chill out for a girls overnight, and we booked a night at this motel. Which we found to be extremely clean, and very well kept. We were greeted by a wonderful woman named Loretta who made sure everything was to our liking. We will definitely return to this hidden gem.
Thanks again Loretta,
Laura, Jen, and Dolores from CT.

Room Tip: The efficiency was great!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura V
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Once again Loretta and the Surfside came through with flying colors! Our family stayed there for a wedding and it was great. The establishment has always been gracious and ready to assist and their service, kindness and thoughtfulness has been a blessing. The rooms are super clean. We just had the best time and did not have to worry about anything! Thank you so much! For sure we will see you again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
danielson
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My family and i recently stayed at Surfside for a wedding on the beach The people running this place (Loretta) were VERY accomendating, very friendly. I have been coming here for years and the place is VERY clean,cute, and close to the beach. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone looking for a great place to stay ,to stay there. P.S. GREAT outside shower!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bobbi643
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
11.9 km away
12.5 km away
Scarborough Beach Motel
Scarborough Beach Motel
#6 of 8 in Narragansett

Been to The Surfside Motel? Share your experiences!