“Very very good”

Basta Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Basta Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 297 Restaurants in Cranston
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When “Basta Restaurant and Gourmet Shop” opened its doors in 1989, the goal was ambitious: To create a combination of food, service and atmosphere that struck the perfect balance of what a complete, authentic Italian dining experience should be.Over these past 23 years, locals have become regulars and traveling foodies have raved. What can we say? We are flattered, grateful and more than ever, determined to exceed your expectations. For this reason, in 2012 we underwent a comprehensive renovation, updating and upgrading every facet of our restaurant, from design and equipment to menu and energy. We are so proud of the result and we know you are going to love it.We invite you to join us to experience Basta for yourself. Our locally sourced, internationally influenced menu, artisan Neapolitan pizzas and robust wine offering will combine to create an unforgettable experience for you and your friends or family.We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

On this visit to relatives' favorite restaurant, I enjoyed the Linguine fra Diavolo with lobster. A little spice made it perfect. Two in our party had rigatoni bolognese--a family favorite. I tasted and I understand why! One person had the grilled salmon special which was large enough to take half home. (We actually took half of all the food home). The only suggestion I have is that they serve better bread--what we were served was small crisp pieces.
Salads were extremely good and large

Reviewed May 31, 2017

As others have said, the restaurant is cozy and the staff is friendly. My wife had a pizza with figs and mascarpone, which I sampled. It was delicious and the crust is superb. I had the rigatoni bolognese, one of my favorite dishes, and an excellent glass of zinfandel. I was disappointed with the bolognese, mostly pasta and not much meat or any sauce. Maybe it's a different style. The bread was unforgettable, which is the case in many restaurants. It's a bit pricy, but I might try it again.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Truly a great spot as far as food, ambiance, and service. From wine to dessert, I recommend trying a little of everything. The lobster fettuccine was very tasty, but a little heavy if you don't have a big appetite. I had the pizza special- a white pizza with arugula, prosciutto, and roasted corn (YUM). We opted for outdoor seating, which was cute and comfortable (I felt as though the restaurant itself was quite dim). Overall, great experience and will definitely be returning.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

Wait staff is attentive, Basta is a welcoming atmosphere, especially the semi-outdoor area in back. But the food never really delivers. It's too bad, because everything else about the place is good, just not great.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

My husband and I went to celebrate our 4oth Wedding Anniversary. When I made the reservations a box opened up asking if we were celebrating and I answered. We were taken to a round booth table area and after being seated the waiter presented us with two glasses of wine and said happy anniversary from the Staff. This little touch of class
and customer service was such a small jester but appreciated and reminded us of how much customer service is under evaluated. From this point on the service and the food was exceptionable. This is not a large place and the suggestion of making a reservation should be adhered too. I had veal scallopine with a potatoe croquet, while my husband had veal parmigano with pasta. We had their brushette and I had the Bib salad while he enjoyed the ceasar. Then we switched salads to enjoy each others. We were never rushed and were checked on regularly to make sure everything was okay and to make sure we didn't need anything. We finished our dinner with coffee and deserts. My husband enjoyed their cheesecake and I had the Crème brolee. Trust us, if you want great food to celebrate a special occasion at a place you have never been too, please try Basta. We eat out often, but for something special, we try places we have never been too before. Some we don't intend on going back to..but, we have already decided we are going back next month to enjoy Mother's day.

Basta_Staff, General Manager at Basta Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2017

Hi Jeanne!

Thank you for your kind words, we are honored when couples choose us to share their special moments with so we try to ensure that every step of the way would be a moment to remember. Thank you for choosing us, we can't wait to serve you again - on Mother's Day!

Best