“Good food, Nice outdoor atmosphere”

Basta Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Basta Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 289 Restaurants in Cranston
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When “Basta Restaurant and Gourmet Shop” opened its doors in 1989, the goal was ambitious: To create a combination of food, service and atmosphere that struck the perfect balance of what a complete, authentic Italian dining experience should be.Over these past 23 years, locals have become regulars and traveling foodies have raved. What can we say? We are flattered, grateful and more than ever, determined to exceed your expectations. For this reason, in 2012 we underwent a comprehensive renovation, updating and upgrading every facet of our restaurant, from design and equipment to menu and energy. We are so proud of the result and we know you are going to love it.We invite you to join us to experience Basta for yourself. Our locally sourced, internationally influenced menu, artisan Neapolitan pizzas and robust wine offering will combine to create an unforgettable experience for you and your friends or family.We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed 4 August 2017

First time at this restaurant. Micheal, our waiter, was very imformative on the wine and specials. The atmosphere was great outdoors ( didn't see the inside) and the food was very good. I had the Bolongese and my husband had the SALTIMBOCCA DI Vitello which was very good. There was enough food and the wine was great. The menu is small but sufficient. I would have like bread offered with my meal. All in all, I would recommend this restauran.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Had dinner there tonight and I am fairly skeptical about Italian restaurants since they are common and frequently over rated for basic food. The food combinations were authentic and almost everything on the menu is house made - even the gluten free pizza crust which was a treat. Rich flavours, nice presentation, and casual environment. Would recommend to anyone looking for real Italian from their house made sausage to their roasted garlic evoo balsamic bread dip !! Enjoy !

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We are not close by, so only get a chance to eat at Basta, when something brings us to the area. Last time was about 15 years ago, and the restaurant has changed hands in that time.

Basta is a certified Neapolitan Pizza maker, but I found our Margherita Pizza to be a little soggy in the middle. Could have used a few seconds more in the oven.

Entrees were very good. My Veal Parm was just fine and a good size portion with penne on the side. But I always go by my 95 year old mother in law. If she is offering me some of her dish, it isn't great, but she left nothing of her Saltimbocca.

Dinner for five with wine and beer, one pizza as an app, no desserts was $214 including tip.

Service was fine and professional, standard for a good restaurant.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

My family and I visited Basta for the first time for a weekend dinner. We had reservations, and were seated right away at a tall booth near a large bar. The restaurant itself is beautifully designed with an open pizza oven and outdoor seating in the back. There is also a large parking lot behind the restaurant. The drinks were delicious and they have an extensive cocktail menu; I recommend the Bellini if you are looking for something sweet and refreshing. We started with the bruschetta which I would recommend 100%- it had fresh mozzarella, avocado, lobster, and tomato and was amazing. The clams casino were good but not as memorable. All of our dinners were excellent, and were "classic" dishes with a new twist. For example two people in our party got the chicken marsala which was serves over whipped potatoes and stuffed with mushrooms and stuffing. I got the veal saltimbocca and it was excellent, served with a potato croquette.

I would have given the restaurant a 5 but once the restaurant started getting busy we all of a sudden became very rushed by the staff. The bus boy and our waiter tried taking our drinks before they were finished (clearly) and the waiter got a little snippy when we took them back from him. Then, no more than 5 minutes after I got my dinner there was a bus boy by my side asking if I was done and reaching to take my plate when I had only taken a few bites. It didn't ruin our experience by any means but was a little off putting. Overall we were very satisfied and would return.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

On this visit to relatives' favorite restaurant, I enjoyed the Linguine fra Diavolo with lobster. A little spice made it perfect. Two in our party had rigatoni bolognese--a family favorite. I tasted and I understand why! One person had the grilled salmon special which was large enough to take half home. (We actually took half of all the food home). The only suggestion I have is that they serve better bread--what we were served was small crisp pieces.
Salads were extremely good and large