“Quality Spot”

Basta Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Basta Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 300 Restaurants in Cranston
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When “Basta Restaurant and Gourmet Shop” opened its doors in 1989, the goal was ambitious: To create a combination of food, service and atmosphere that struck the perfect balance of what a complete, authentic Italian dining experience should be.Over these past 23 years, locals have become regulars and traveling foodies have raved. What can we say? We are flattered, grateful and more than ever, determined to exceed your expectations. For this reason, in 2012 we underwent a comprehensive renovation, updating and upgrading every facet of our restaurant, from design and equipment to menu and energy. We are so proud of the result and we know you are going to love it.We invite you to join us to experience Basta for yourself. Our locally sourced, internationally influenced menu, artisan Neapolitan pizzas and robust wine offering will combine to create an unforgettable experience for you and your friends or family.We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed November 8, 2017

I met with several other members of our wine club at Basta Italian Restaurant recently! It was a planning meeting for a future event that we are planning! We had a great table in a quiet area. I started out with a perfectly made SO-CO Manhattan and then shared a Bottle of Cabernet with a meal of perfectly cooke pasta. Some of the others were not as hungry and had just a Bruschetta that was shared!
Basta is a perfect place for a quiet meal with high quality food! I plan to go back with my family soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Actually we ate both Pasta and a meat and both were delicious. The veal chop was crazy good! Cooked perfectly. I think they are known for that dish because it appeared as though a lot were being served. Sat at the Barr for dinner the first time and at a table the second and in both places the wait staff was very nice and attentive. Since it's not in the normal restaurant area like Federal Hill, people might be detracted from going to broad street but I would suggest making the trip and experiencing the food here.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Ok, as a native Rhode Islander I have absolutely no excuse that I have finally made my way to Basta. I finally did is all that matters. This place is now in my top five restaurants that I have visited. Everything was over the top perfect. I will return.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

First time at this restaurant. Micheal, our waiter, was very imformative on the wine and specials. The atmosphere was great outdoors ( didn't see the inside) and the food was very good. I had the Bolongese and my husband had the SALTIMBOCCA DI Vitello which was very good. There was enough food and the wine was great. The menu is small but sufficient. I would have like bread offered with my meal. All in all, I would recommend this restauran.

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Had dinner there tonight and I am fairly skeptical about Italian restaurants since they are common and frequently over rated for basic food. The food combinations were authentic and almost everything on the menu is house made - even the gluten free pizza crust which was a treat. Rich flavours, nice presentation, and casual environment. Would recommend to anyone looking for real Italian from their house made sausage to their roasted garlic evoo balsamic bread dip !! Enjoy !