“Restaurant is closed ”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Made reservations online for a Saturday night when we got there the gate to the parking lot was closed. Apparently they have very recently closed which is too bad.

Reviewed September 1, 2016

My husband and I booked our rehearsal dinner at Bistro 9 ten months prior to the actual event on August 17th. We toured a few venues and fell in love with the view from the back room and the patio area for our guest to have cocktail hour on. Throughout the whole planning process, we communicated regularly with Nicole to ensure everything went smoothly on that day.

A month or so before the event we went by to show our parents the venue and to finalize the menu. To our surprise, they were completely remodeling the back patio & siding on the building. We were assured it would all be done before our event. The night before the rehearsal dinner my husband and I stopped by to drop off the gifts and pastries and were extremely disappointed to see that the construction looked exactly the same as it did a month prior to. I was extremely upset, but it was too late to change the venue location, so we called Nicole immediately in hopes that it would be fixed up as best as possible before our rehearsal dinner. They tried to make it look better, but we still had construction equipment on the patio during our dinner.

Our next and biggest issue was the service (or lack thereof). Cocktail hour was supposed to start at 7:15 (we called on our way so they had a heads up). Everyone got caught up on the excitement of the day and we didn’t realize until 8:30 that we still had not had any appetizers. We had not heard from Nicole or any other staff member to inform us of an issue. My mother-in-law and mom had to go up to the front desk to ask what was going on, at which time, Nicole apologized and then told them their chef was sick that day so they were running behind. After another half hour of waiting, the appetizers finally came out around 9:00pm (dinner was scheduled for 8:00pm). Nicole did not show her face in our room from that point forward. At about 10:00pm our guests started leaving without eating dinner since it was a Wednesday night and everyone had to work the next day. I was absolutely mortified. It took me going up to the front desk and confronting Nicole in tears in order for her to apologize and try to get the kitchen going a little faster. Our dinner ended up coming out at 10:30pm (we only had the room rented out until 10:00pm)

I would never wish the experience I had on any other bride. Stay far away from this place!!

I will say, our server and our bar tender were absolutely amazing and did the best they could with the lack of management and poor service on the kitchen’s end.

5  Thank jcollins4253
Reviewed August 23, 2016

This place was always decent.. however I just went Friday Aug 19 and it was so bad ! It must be a different chef.. the menu is different also. The salmon was like shoe leather and the mashed potatoes tasted like a pound of salt was on them. Really horrible. I will not be back

1  Thank nancy m
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Bistro 9 has been a favorite bar for socializing and a bite to eat. Easy to work with menu, nice interior.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

We were seated in a room with one waiter on duty. We had to ask at least twice for everything as he was pleasant, but definitely overworked. We ordered a pizza which was soggy and the fish just tasted "old". Prices are up there, but the service and the quality are not

1  Thank dzaino