“Stopped here to get a sandwich”

Brewed Awakenings Coffeehouse
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Johnston
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

I decided to stop here for something to eat, there food is usually good. Tonight I wouldn't know if it was good or not, I didn't get served. I went in about 6:30pm (they close at 8 pm on Friday's) ordered a sandwich and the girl at the counter informs me she just shut the kitchen down. Then said they were closing in 10 minutes. I understand sometimes help doesn't come in or something happens where you have to close early, but they didn't have anything posted saying they had to close early and the girl did not explain why they were closing early.

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I always love to come here on our days off. Since it's not near us, we can't make it regularly but when we can go, we do.

This place has great coffees and the food is very good for a grab and go breakfast.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

Often stop in to meet up with friends and have coffee along with something to eat. The service is excellent and the food is great. Everyone is always very friendly and the manager often stops to chat. She will often ask if there is something else we need. Great place to kick back and have a few laughs.

Reviewed December 14, 2016 via mobile

Great place to relax with a warm drink while catching up on some work emails Or even to grab lunch Lots of comfy chairs & corners to sit quietly Been coming here (and to all their locations) for years

Reviewed November 6, 2016

We have a regular meeting here. Pastries are pretty good. My tea was cold the first time -- when I took it back she said she deliberately put in cold water because people find it too hot. I explained that I liked mine hot! So she re-did it. She was perfectly cheerful about it but I thought she could have asked first since I was standing right there. Subsequently I mention that I want it hot and have no trouble. It is busy at 7:30 am but not noisy so a good place for a small group (we have four) to chat. It is a bit pricey but I love the off-on to the highway convenience.