All reviews historic building fire pit hot tub across the street the cliff rooftop deck off season ocean view living room we stayed in a two bedroom toaster oven washer dryer flo's clam shack full kitchen indoor pool fitness center short drive
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely hotel!!! Absolutely one of our favorite places we have stayed at! We booked two nights during Labor Day weekend but they were booked separately so we would have to switch rooms which we understood seeing as we booked the second night last minute. Parking was a breeze all 3 days, no problem with spots at all! We arrived 3 hours earlier than the check in time and we’re greeted by Nikoli who informed us that we got upgraded to a suite with a king bed and an ocean view and we wouldn’t have to switch rooms at all!!! What an amazing surprise! The room was spacious, clean, and had an amazing view of Easton Beach! The hotel is a 2 min walk from the beach, 8 min drive to downtown Newport and right next to a couple yummy places to eat! Overall we really enjoyed ourselves! Highly recommend this lovely hotel to anyone looking for a lovely stay at Newport!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Although there is indoor pool and rooftop Jacuzzi, our room is small with no view and no place to sit except beds, and the windows are bad quality(No acoustic at all); because located next to the busy street, you can hear the noise from the traffic. The bathroom is good size and clean. Close to the local beach, and a lot of bar type restaurants near by. Hotel does charge for parking.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2018

I stayed at this hotel for a bachelorette weekend. There were a lot of us staying at the hotel so we reserved two rooms (one being a suite with 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and a pull out sofa). I arrived the second night of the stay and when I pulled into the lot the attendant came out and asked where I was staying, etc. I told him the room I was in and he said I could park and go to the lobby to see if there was a parking pass available. I asked how many passes were available and he said one per room. I'm okay with that for a normal hotel room, but we paid for a room that potentially sleeps 6+ people and we get one parking pass? That seems a little stingy for an expensive hotel. I told him there was no way a parking pass was left so I was able to pay the $10 (they charge people using the local beach, but there was no discount for hotel guests) and park overnight in a small lot. He wanted me to backup so I was against a brick wall, but I had to remind him I needed to get my luggage out. Overall, that wasn't a great situation, but after that everything was fine. The place was nicely decorated and clean. We ran out of towels so we had to find the maid (at 4:00) to get more towels for us. The kitchen area didn't have much to use, so make sure you bring your own cookware.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank tigg189074
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

This hotel website boasts a spa, fitness room, roof top jacuzzi. When you arrive the paint is peeling, the staff is unprofessional at best, the room we had in the historic building was small, uncomfortable due to a vibration from the laundry (the staff says it only happens during the day and no one has complained before). We were awakened at 7am on a Saturday as if there was an earthquake. The alarm in our room went off at 6 am on our first night here after the vibration happened in the early afternoon. There were no other hotels to move to in Newport. The “fitness room” is small and the air was not working, no one cleaned our room due to staffing issues and no clean towels! Go stay at a Hampton Inn before you stay here! Worst hotel. The manager is inept. This hotel ruined my vacation.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Emily C
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Just got back from a couple of days here at the Newport suites. We arrived at the hotel around 3:45pm and were told the room was not ready; even though check in was at 4:00pm. We waited a little bit then decided to go to the front desk again to see if it was ready. They apparently were looking at the wrong reservation because the room was ready. Proceeded to the 3rd floor, could not find out room because it was not listed. We had to ask where the room was, it was through a hallway and up 20 stairs - and had to carry out luggage up!! Got into the room and it was horrible!!!!! It was so small, not clean, we couldn't move without hitting anything. The window overlooked this big air conditioning unit outside. Opened the door to the bathroom and the hook on the door fell off! It was horrible - shouldn't even be considered a room!!!! On our way out, we saw the manager in the hallway and expressed our concern. He said it was sold out and would contact us tomorrow to change rooms. The next morning, while we were out, Jamal - the manager, called and told us he upgraded us to a different room. Not even sure we gave him our name, but somehow he found out and was nice enough to do that!! The new room - a suite with a living and kitchen area was really nice! We had room to move around and not bump into each other! Nikola at the front desk was extremely helpful in showing us places to visit. The restaurant was never open when we were there, would of been nice to grab something to eat!! The rooftop patio was nice, but so small! We enjoyed our stay but not sure if I would stay here again. If you don't get a suite, the room probably is not nice!!

Room Tip: Our room was horrible - SO SMALL and overlooked an air conditioning unit. suite was much nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple