“Excellent pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Excellent pizza, great customer service. My wife and I had a slice each before we hit the road back home and we were treated the same as the family of 5 ordering the entire menu. I'm a bit of a pizza snob since I live in jersey but can honestly say it was great pizza. Wish we had time to have dinner and order more but were in a rush.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

The closes you can get to New York Style pizza. Nice thin crispy crust cooked the way we like it! Another great find in Newport!

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

We stumbled on this pizzeria by accident, next to our hotel. I usually don't review pizza restaurants for trip advisor, but I am gluten free and I had the best gluten-free pizza I have ever had at Camella's. I had the "Carmella" pizza with a gluten free crust. It was terrific. The crust was the most like the old wheat pizza's I used to eat before I was diagnosed and the topping was a wonderful combination of 4 cheeses and basil. Note they are very careful to say this a gluten free crust but it is not a gluten free restaurant. Yes, it is a pizzeria, and there is wheat flour around. I am lucky that I am not so sensitive that I need to worry, so if you are in the same boat, do enjoy this one1

Reviewed July 11, 2017

One night during our stay while visiting Newport we stopped at Carmella's Pizzeria and ordered an antipasto and Eggplant Parm dinner and were very surprised by the quality of the meal which came out. The eggplant was actually breaded versus the usually batter that most places serve. The antipasto had salami, pepperoni, cheese, hot peppers and other veges. Suffice it to say that it was much better than we had anticipated when we decided to stop.

Reviewed June 7, 2017

Pretty good NY style pizza. Very good wraps which are grilled. Made fresh, delivery available, many different specialty pizzas to choose from as well.