“Great breakfast pizza!”

Ranked #40 of 89 Restaurants in Middletown
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Description: A local favorite, Aquidneck Restaurant & Pizzeria first opened its doors in 1981. It had previously been a gas station before being purchased by the Amarant & Moisiades families and converted to a pizzeria. Through years of hard work and dedication, our restaurant grew into a household name among locals. Our pizza has been the centerpiece of our restaurant and has not changed since day one. Our dough is prepared daily to give you the freshest pizza possible. The recipes to our dough and sauce have been closely guarded secrets since we first opened our doors. The cheese is a carefully balanced mix of cheddar and mozzarella shredded daily in our kitchen. With so much attention to our pizza, it’s no mystery as to why we're the best! In 2006, Aquidneck Restaurant & Pizzeria reopened with a brand new building. We now have a beautiful two story establishment boasting ocean views, a full bar, fireplace and lounge on our second floor. The space is popular as a function room for parties of all types.
Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

We were able to order online at aqpizza.com and picked it up quickly! The breakfast pizza was wonderful! And so was the baklava! It has a good amount of parking.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

I recently ordered a plain cheese pizza to go from Aquidneck while staying at a hotel down the street. I ordered easily over the phone and the pizza was ready on time. It was hot and tasted great. No complaints about the pizza; it was a solid regular cheese pizza. I would order pizza from them again.

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

Recently went to a pizza party on the second floor party room. The bartenders were very
friendly. The cash bar did very well. The pizzas were brought out taken from pizza boxes and put on a buffet style table with salad. As I worked through lunch I was starving and really looking forward to anything to eat. The pizza was horrible and that is being very kind. It tasted like it was made hours before and driving home I worried about my health. The type of pizza served were not typical of 10 year old palates. Olives, onions, peppers...many of these pizzas were not even touched as they were most likely left over from lunch service. As we were leaving and the hosts were taking car of the bill, I witnessed the manager arguing with them. I later learned it was $15/head for lousy pizza?! If I owned that restaurant I would've been embarrassed to serve that food.

Totts3, Manager at Aquidneck Pizza Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

What a completely dishonest review. I remember your party specifically because of the problem with the bill (which is the entire basis of your review).
It was a Newport youth hockey team. Todd and I had discussed the price ($15/flat person with kids 11 or under half price). He informed me the kids were 13 years or older so the half price didn't apply. It was a pizza salad buffet with soft drinks, tax, tip, and room charge included in the $15 flat charge. That is a very reasonable price.
Upon settling the bill, I'm assuming it was you (not Todd) that came to me telling me what you owe. Apparently all the children were now 11 or under according to you. Not only that, but your headcount was lower than the actual number of people as well. We accepted the suddenly younger children but corrected the headcount. That means the staff and restaurant made less than what they were expecting and what was agreed upon. So congratulations on your success. The staff all enjoyed the sudden drop in income.
As for the food, your claim that we served leftover pizza from lunch (whatever that means) is absurd. The pizza is made to order just like it always is. It's put in boxes because it's easier to transport upstairs. There were a variety of pizzas to accommodate both children and adults. As far as your health is concerned, I'm sure the physical aspect of it is fine.
It is embarrassing that I even have to respond to this. Our reputation is our business though, and when a customer goes out of their way to harm our image based on nonsense, it warrants a response.

Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

The pizza here is quite average. I personally dont like it. It is priced okay though. The service is really good too. Theres also some sandwich options which i know some of my friends like. Overall just okay.

1  Thank Kat999399
Reviewed February 2, 2017

First time in a long time a pizza joint with pizza topped with spaghetti...I love it.
Called a "Medusa" lightly sauced, plenty of cheese (the menu said feta, I like feta, but prefer mozzarella on a pizza) and meatball slices.
Primo!
Large pie, good toasty crust. Medium thick crust
Restaurant had a bar with half a dozen beers on tap and several roomy tables.
They do have delivery service, but it was the middle of the week and it was snowing, so everyone wanted delivery, so we had take out.

Been to Aquidneck Pizza Restaurant? Share your experiences!