“Our 1st time...Average!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife arrived at Fisherman's Memorial Campground to kick off our week vacation.
I have known of Arturo Joe's for years, just never stopped in.
My sister and brother in-law frequent the restaurant and were telling me about it.
I checked it out on Trip Advisor and Yelp. Decided to give it a try.
We arrived around 5pm, decent crowd but not horribly busy. We decided to sit at the bar.
We started off with drinks, my wife had a Red Wine Sangria and I had a Long Island Ice Tea.
My wife had the Tenderloin Medallions with Risotto and I had the Rabe and Sausage with pasta.
We both felt our dishes were just okay, didn't wow us. I have been too many Italian Restaurants and if I compare this restaurant to those, it falls a little short of my expectations.
It wasn't horrible, just didn't meet our expectations.
Staff was friendly enough and were very attentive.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

We haven't been here in a while, because, quite honestly, last time we were here about a year ago, service wasn't great, and the restaurant was not quite up to par. Let me explain, the menus we were handed were filthy (food stains on the inside), and the front covers greasy. The table was also greasy with a film, as were the plates, Wine glasses had spots and food stuck to them. At the time, I emailed mgt and let them know and they said they would address. Fortunately, they must have, because we encountered no such conditions tonight. I can say our food was very good, our favorite Veal Giuseppe was excellent, as were the Sausage Rabe Potato Skins as a Starter. Our server, Brian was very good as well. We were too full for dessert. A few observations, but it won't change my rating. 1. The Menu posted online for the restaurant should be updated. (The Veal was almost $2 more at the location than posted online). 2. The Wine Menu in the Restaurant quoted one price on the menu for a specific bottle, yet we were charged more? I believe legally, that's not supposed to occur? 3. It doesn't matter when we attempt to dine here, the Hostess always tries to sit us in an empty back room when there are booths up front for two. (Ask if that's okay, next time.) Otherwise I will continue to request to eat up front in an empty booth (which is nicer), no matter your waiter rotation. 4. The manager stopped by a table next to us and and asked them how their meal was. I wish he had stopped by ours, since he walked back and forth past us 3 times to the Hostess Stand. I would have let him know about 1,2 and 3.

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

We have never gone wrong at this restaurant. We had another great meal recently! We were greeted promptly as we entered and were seated quickly. The waiter was pleasant and efficient. We enjoyed our meal. The food was absolutely delicious. My husband had the Chicken Gianni and I had the Shrimp Nicole. We really liked the bread and the salad we shared as well. The food is not only good, but it is reasonably priced and the portions they serve are very generous. We also admire the decor in that they have large pictures of Narragansett on the walls from a time in the late 1800's when Narragansett was a very popular tourist spot as it is today. This is one of our favorites. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed June 23, 2017

Our family of ten went there for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, drinks and food. The service was efficient and the staff were pleasant.

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

We stoppwd for drinks and an app. Drinks were good and the apps werw very good. Service was fine, vut the bartender did spend a lot of time showing regulars baby pictures while some customers waited. All in all a good place. We have eaten here in the past and the food and prices were great. We'll be back.