“Great new digs!”

Bella Pasta Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 169 Restaurants in Pawtucket
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 6, 2017

Not a regular customer by any means but we've been to the former location enough times to have experienced the inconvenience of street parking in a residential neighborhood and waiting outside for a table to open up. So now we have a parking lot and quite a spacious bar and dining room, looks great too! I've read some people grumbling about the lack of Italian ambiance in this new location but I came for the food!

Stopped in for lunch on Sunday and started with the Calamari (a little chewy but not bad). I had the Veal Saltimboca, our son had the Veal Carroza and my wife had Piatto Zingerella (shrimp, scallops, lobster and mushrooms over fettuccine). We all enjoyed our choices, the veal was tender and easily cut with a fork. Pasta sides are about a cups worth (Ziti in my case) which is fine by me as I usually regret trying to finish a larger portion. Pasta could have been better drained and it was a little light on the sauce. For myself and my son, the star of the meal was the veal with pasta in just a supporting role! We thought it was a very good lunch and wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

We were in the mood for Veal Parm and thought of Bella Pasta. The veal was tender and very tasty. First time we have been to the new location and thought it was done in a very tasteful manner. More room and the bar area was nicely situated. Have no complaints about the food or the service

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

I had been to the old Bella Pasta when it was a BYOB so I decided to try it again at it's new location.
I can't say one thing about it that is positive. This us not a place for someone who has a sophisticated palate. Let's start with their lack of a decent wine list. 8 bottles of mediocre red wine. Their idea of Italian bread is a soft crust. Don't try the meatballs unless you like dried out rubber.
They say they cook their pasta to order. Well I asked for al dente and got mush.
The waitresses were cashing out at the bar, the place was ice cold.
Need I say more? Don't waste your money, the calories or your time.

1  Thank RPDD
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Compared to Pawtucket. Atmosphere lost. Too commercial and no Italian feel. No more table clothes or eclectic chairs like I witnessed in Italy. Got Veal Parm. Small portion and about a cup of pasta. So, they are portioning and cut back on plate sizes. Veal over fried and hard around edges...pounded too flat....no hurry to come back as environment and food not an expected experience. Others with me got $12 combo plates and a better value.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

We called 1 hr ahead of time for party of 12. Got there had to wait 20 minutes cause they never set up for us. Once seated you would have thought water for the whole table would have been placed already. We had to continually ask for water refill. Took a long time for order food. Caesar Salad was soggy and drenched with dressing. I asked the waitress for lemon limes 4 times never came. So I went to the bar and asked for it. The Chicken Alfredo lack seasoning and chicken. The Lobster Bisque was just yellow broth. My husband enjoyed his spaghetti and meatballs. Ask for an apple martini very weak and it tasted more like a cross of a lemon martini.

Been to Bella Pasta Restaurant? Share your experiences!