See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 26, 2017

While still expensive for an average motel, it was a good choice compared to most Newport hotels. The grounds were nice. The staff was nice, however they had a family tragedy and so service was limited which was not a big deal for me as they arranged someone to get me the key at my arrival time. Not much for food nearby but 5 min. drive you have a number of choices. There is a nearby quiet beach area in a little town, but the main Newport beaches and tourist attractions are 25-30 min drive. I was there off-season and would surmise that on-season traffic to get to Newport might be hectic but just guessing. Location was near to highway's so easy to find and get around the area. I had trouble one day/night with the WIFI but after giving up on it it was back on in the morning. I would stay here as more reasonable to do the tourist thing in Newport itself.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2017

OK, I'll give it just a "poor" because the lady at the front desk tried to be helpful up front.. We were late coming in and she offered to stay later to let us in. Remember, the office closes at 9:00 and after that you're on your own. We were a party of 3 and only there because of nearby business and the lack/super-high cost of conventional hotels. Our room/suite/whatever was poorly furnished, there were only 2 sets of tiny, thin towels, the bathroom door kept swinging shut, and the AC was impossible to adjust properly. The pullout sofa had sheets and a blanket with big holes and stains on them. We had to pay in advance so there was no leaving once we checked in. At the end of Day 2 we returned to find no housekeeping had been done; we complained, and were told that housekeeping is not provided. Under duress, the manager and front desk lady came over and put cleaner sheets and blanket on the pullout sofa and provided more towels. In terms of local color, a car was repossessed in the parking lot with a police escort while we were there. We had the impression that people live in some of these units long-term. If this place had been priced like the kind of hotel it is, we would have known to avoid it, but because of market pricing, and good reviews, we were lured in and paid the equivalent of what a nice chain hotel would have been anywhere else. Maybe the Booking.com guests get the worst rooms. All in all, a terrible disappointment and memory for this trip.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

At $190 per night this place is a poor excuse for a hotel. Positives are proximity to Roger Williams University and good wifi. All other features are poor or worse.

Office closes at 9 PM. Air conditioner is loud and impossible to regulate.
Poor bed & pillows.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RobertK6399
Reviewed October 6, 2016

I stayed here for 8 nights and was very pleased. There is excellent access to the highways in all directions. The grounds are immaculate & inviting. There are multiple buildings/rooms to chose from. I selected the one bedroom suite with kitchenette, which is the best option, and only slightly higher is price. I called the hotel directly - Preena will work with you on pricing and getting you the best rooms! The suites are very comfortable, well stocked, and everything worked. The shower was awesome. Preena always asked if I needed anything else, and she was extremely pleasant & helpful throughout my stay. This is an older property, but I found it to be very clean, and very well maintained. Thank you Preena!

Room tip: Get a suite with kitchenette in the newer buildings.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2016

With hotel/motel prices being exorbitant in Middletown/Newport this time of year, this motel is more affordable. But still, the rooms are not cheap by any means. For the price, I would expect all the light bulbs and lamps to be in working order, higher quality towels, a coffee maker that worked as it should (the carafe was too small so it did not mesh with the button that releases the brewed coffee into the carafe) and draperies that aren't missing hooks. Just a little more attention to detail might have moved my review from average to very good. We had a suite which provided ample room, but the furnishings were a bit worn. Surprisingly despite the bed not looking all that comfortable and the pillows appearing quite thin, I slept quite well. We had room 20 which was fairly quiet given that the highway runs close by. One slightly disturbing oddity with the room was that in the bedroom, an access panel was cut into the ceiling directly above the head of the bed and the panel was locked with 2 good size padlocks that noticeably hung down from the ceiling. A bit startling at first glance, but I did sleep well, so I guess I got over it. However, another "attention to detail" and "first impressions are everything" item that put this motel in the "average" category, rather than "very good".

Date of stay: August 2016