See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was the worst night I ever had at a hotel. People upstairs over our room were fighting and slamming furniture around until 4am. I called the front desk and they said they would check it out. I also put chairs up against the door going to the hallway and the one going to the outside because the locks looked like a 10 year old could kick them in. I checked out the next morning a day early because we could not stay there any longer. I complained about the noise the night before to the front desk and the man on duty said I should have called the front desk. I told him that I did call the front desk and he said that nobody was making any noise. I will never stay with this chain again.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bill S
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I teach hospitality classes and this place was a nightmare. The back door was smashed, the hallways stunk, the rug was extremely dirty, the bathroom was not clean, the used and abused furniture was not clean, the remote did not work, and there was trash under the bureau and nightstand which was very disgusting. The pillows were very lumpy and the waterproof sheet under the flat sheet was very noisy and I felt like I was in a kid's bed. The telephone was even dirty! The mirror in the bathroom was dirty, as was the front of the tiny sink. I did not want to even touch anything and tried not to be in the room if I did not have to. The sheets on the bed were clean so at least I could sleep. It was very inexpensive to stay here, but that is no excuse for not being clean.
I asked to use another credit card and my card was already billed which usually is not done until you check in, and I wanted a first floor room because of an injured leg, but there were only smoking rooms on the bottom floor. You would think that the entire motel allowed smoking the way it smelled in the hallways. The outside area was dirty as well, and I did not feel that safe at night.
I came in to check out in the morning and pushed the button at the front desk and the person looked like I disturbed him from sleeping. It was 8:00 in the morning! There was a pot of coffee in the small area for customers ( you had to give your money through a glass window) but the counter was dirty around it.
I am pretty flexible, but cleanliness should always be a priority, no matter the price. My recommendation is to bulldoze the entire building and start fresh. They use regular keys and the room decor looks like it came from garage sales. So renovations and upgrades would really be the best bet for this nightmare on Newport Avenue.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Cheryl N
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We looked for a place to stay close enough to Providence that we could take a cab--this place rated best for us as it was the most affordable (and only 15 minutes outside of the city). While the room was gross, the bedding was questionable (actually though...stains on the pillow of an eerie yellow color) and the air smelled of years and years of cigarette smoke, we had a memorable motel experience. I'd recommend this motel to anyone who is looking to build character, who is not particularly high maintenance and for folks who like surprises on their pillow...not of the chocolate genre. America's Best Value Inn in Rumford RI makes for some funny, albeit kinda gross, stories.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Fahgetaboutit
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Pretty much says it. Go elsewhere unless you are very desperate. The best part of the stay was the hotel was vacant enough they could put me on the other end of the hall from the guys that were getting drunk and making noise all night.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Russell J
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Desperate for a place to stay but opted to leave after seeing the room. It was filthy. The hallways reeked of smoke. Lights weren't working, sheets stained and bathroom was just gross.

the room was on the first floor and it backed up into an alley way. just didnt feel safe.

Asked for a refund and left.

• Stayed: October 2012