“Mother's Day meal!”
Review of Siena- Smithfield

Siena- Smithfield
Reserve with OpenTable
Siena- Smithfield is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 83 Restaurants in Smithfield
Price range: US$18 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cedar Swamp Road
Description: Siena offers authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm, inviting and lively atmosphere. Enjoy casually elegant dining with menu selections including a wide variety of grilled steaks, seafoods, and veal entrees along with numerous signature pasta & saute dishes. Siena- Smithifield compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.
Reviewed May 27, 2018

Everyone was very pleased with their meals. I got the salmon and it was done perfectly. We never felt rushed and our waitress was very sweet. The best part was when they said they had strawberry tiramisu. My son chose this place because he knows my favorite dessert is tiramisu....but strawberry tiramisu was a real surprise. It was delicious and I ate it all, eventhough I'm on Weight Watchers!!

Christopher T, Owner at Siena- Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. We are always aiming to provide each guest with a quality fine dining experience, and are very happy to hear that is what you and your party received on Mother's Day. I am glad you enjoyed the strawberry tiramisu!

We hope to see you again soon!
Chris Tarro- Owner

Reviewed May 26, 2018

I have never had a bad meal here. We celebrated Mother's Day with a group of five. All the meals were prepared just so and very tasty. Service was fast and friendly. Be aware that most meats on the menu are ala cart so you may need to order a side of veggies extra. This brings your prices up, because a steak may be $25 or so but since it comes with little in terms of sides (it's more like garnish), and you need to order a veggie separately, you end up paying more for the whole meal than you might at a restaurant that includes a generous veggie portion already in the price of the meal. We paid about $300 for 5 people - everyone had one drink, we shared three appetizers, then we had 5 meals with some extra veggies, and finally we shared 3 desserts. It's not bad for a special occasion. If you enjoy risotto, try it as your side - it's awesome.
There is convenient parking right outside of the restaurant and it's free. I would definitely recommend making reservations ahead of time because this is a popular restaurant. They do have a bar and a small seating area so if you're lucky you may be able to sit there without reservations, though it's definitely better for couples than for groups. If you are 4 or more in a group, you should get a reservation for the regular dining room, rather than the bar area.

We hope to see you again soon!
Chris Tarro- Owner

Reviewed May 9, 2018

I've driven by this location hundreds of times but yet never thought of going in for dinner. I've been to the Siena in Providence several times and this was just as good as that one. I was surprised upon entering because I didn't expect it to be as nice as it was. The menu is almost identical but where they differ is in the wait staff. The waitress was not good at all, she only addressed one of us and she forgot several times for things we requested (oil, fork, bread etc.) The food was very good and I'd have no problem with 4 stars but the waitress makes it just average. I know that might sound tough but when it costs nearly $100 for 2 people than it should be 4 star. Btw.....almost no gets 5 star from me unless everything is exceptional.

Christopher T, Owner at Siena- Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the better part of your evening with us. I do apologize that the service wasn't up to its usual Siena standards. As a small business, we do try to learn from our mistakes so I do appreciate the feedback about the service you received. Thank you and I hope you do give us another try to truly impress you!

Chris Tarro,
Owner

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Picked this based on location and the Mrs. had been there before. Good crowd, nice selection of the menu and the wait staff was excellent. fair amounts of wine/beer by the glass and I was happily surprised at the dessert menu. Nice selections at pretty good prices. Overall, very good, nice presentation and like I said, wait staff was very good and accommodating. Like an Italian restaurant in Italy, they let you stay as long as you like.

Thank you for the kind words. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your evening with us and I hope you visit again soon!

Chris Tarro
wner

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

This was a celebration for my husband's birthday. This really is a lovely place and the staff is great but I had a hair in my main dish. The waiter was very symapathic and very quickly brought out another dish. Kind of gross but unfortunately it happens. We will go back. Very reasonable and they did care..

Chris T, Owner at Siena- Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Thank you for the kind words. I am so sorry to hear about the hair in your dish but I am glad that our staff dealt with it in a swift manner. We hope to see you again soon!