“Decent for the area”

The Thirsty Beaver Smithfield
Ranked #14 of 83 Restaurants in Smithfield
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Ive been a few time on business.
Well worth the time.
Haven't been disappointed yet.
The place was clean and the food came out quick.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Quick bites, good food, reasonably priced. Limited menu, so if you're on a special diet, probably not the best choice.

Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

We opted for a late lunch on a Saturday, around 2pm. The restaurant is really cool like a log cabin inside with a ton of seating. Our poor waitress was one of two servers in the entire restaurant so our service was super slow. I don't blame her she was just swamped with tables. It took us 15 to put in a drink order and another 20 to actually order food. The appetizer was delicious and unique, deep fried Shepard's Pie!! A member of my party requested a different drink when it was delivered but didn't get the drink until halfway through her meal. The main course was just ok, someone had a burger nothing special, I had Mac and cheese with hotdogs and cheese curds, Meh. Not alot of flavor and I wouldn't order it again. I think this place is more of a Friday night or watching the game bar. Wasn't completely horrible but I won't make it a point to go back

Reviewed January 24, 2018

I've been looking for a home in northern RI and have stopped here a couple of times while attending open houses in the area. Really nice place - spacious and clean - waitstaff is so friendly and the food is great. My kids loved that they have a couple of games to play too.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

We decided to do take out as we had a long day and just wanted some food to go back to our hotel. We ordered a couple of appetizers and 3 meals. First appetizer was the bases loaded basket. It was tater tots loaded with bacon and cheese. The portion was huge and very delicious. The second appetizer was the "Justin Beaver Bites" These were little mozzarella bites dusted with parmesan cheese and a marinara dipping sauce. They were very good and the cheese was gooey. My son ordered the mac daddy. This was mac and cheese with the cheese being gouda. This was very rich and the portion was big enough for 2 people. My son wants to go back and eat it again. I ordered the Tickers Twist. This was a huge piece of boneless fried chicken on a brioche bun, with a buffalo honey mustard and cheddar cheese with lettuce and tomato. It was the biggest piece of fried chicken on a sandwich that I have seen. The chicken was very juicy and the sandwich was awesome. My wife ordered the Reuben sandwich. It had large pieces of corned beef smothered with thousand Island and saurkraut. She said it was very enjoyable. If we are back in the area again, we would definitely stop by. The hostess was very polite and sent us to the bar for pick up and the bartender was very responsive and super polite. A great place if in the Smithfield area.