“Worth the detour”

Ranked #11 of 40 Restaurants in Tiverton
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Temporarily closed due to renovations. Family owned and operated since 1985, Barcellos Family Restaurant has been a fixture in the community for over 25 years. We strive to serve the public great food at reasonable prices. Our goal is to provide a family atmosphere, friendly service, and a promise that you will not leave our restaurant without a full stomach.We serve a variety of entrees with influences from American, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian cuisine. All our seafood is caught locally, entrees are prepared fresh to order, and all members of our staff take great pride in their work and service.
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

It's a little away from the main roads, but the Portuguese food was perfectly prepared. Seafood, steak, paella, soup, etc, were all delicious. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Reviewed July 9, 2016

Many, many moons ago, I used to attend school across the street. It took many years later to eat at this gem of a place. Although I live in another state now, I make a few road trips a year, and I am never disappointed. Last week I ordered two shrimp Mozambique appetizers, a clam boil, and a fried seafood plate to take back to Connecticut. So delicious! I love dipping the Portuguese rolls in the sauce. I live in a town in Connecticut where there also is a large Portuguese population. I brought some shrimp Mozambique to work and shared with one of my patient's family members. He not only thought it was delicious, the next day he said that it brought back memories of Portugal.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

Try any fish dish - never disappoints. The wait staff are also prompt and friendly as well as accommodating. Definitely try this place for dinner with family.

Reviewed February 15, 2016 via mobile

This is a great place to enjoy a relaxing meal. I had the turkey special and my wife had the Portuguese steak and egg dinner. Turkey was tender and I especially liked the stuffing.

We will come back here again.

1  Thank Steve A
Reviewed December 10, 2015

Went on a Sunday Afternoon. Not very crowded. Started out with drinks and a cup of soup. The Kale Soup was very good, with plenty of bread. The meal however was not so good. The Pork Alentejana was rubbery and tough! The broth was also a yellowish broth which I've never had before. It didn't taste very good. The rest of the family had chicken and shrimp mozambique . The sauce needed more flavor to it. The portion sizes were OK, nothing huge. Definitely not what this place used to be. The servers are always very friendly!