“Great place in South County Commons shopping village (RT 1, Wakefield)”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brewed Awakenings Coffee HSE
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Wakefield
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Popular coffee house with students and beyond. Dependable delish coffee and tea, plus sweets. Wi-FI. Fireplace, Tables, comfortable hang-out. Common student meet-up for studies and socializing so hard to find seating sometimes. no complaints.

There are newer reviews for Brewed Awakenings Coffee HSE

Reviewed 25 May 2016

There isn't a visit to the S.Kingstown area that does not end up here. The variety of coffee is amazing. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the cafe is comfortable.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

I came here to do some grading in the morning and had anticipated working through lunch (and buying lunch at Brewed). I usually like Brewed because it is a sunny nice place to work at and get out of the house on a busy day of grading. However, when I came in the morning I bought a medium iced tea and was charged over $5!
1. That is not consistent with the prices on their board and when I told the cashier that, she was snippy with me about it.
2. That price is just ridiculous, over $2 more than what is listed!! It's not like I got a fancy frapp or something, I got an iced tea!
I didn't stay for lunch since they probably would have charged me an arm and a leg and been rude about it. I've frequented a lot of coffee places in the area and have never paid over $4 for a medium iced anything (i.e. coffee or tea). I am sad to say but I'll never come back at these ridiculous prices and rude responses. Sad since it is a nice place otherwise.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

When you're in South County Commons to get your computer fixed, see your attorney, or argue with the phone company, and need a java to sooth your nerves (or actually, to stimulate them) Brewed Awakenings is the place to go. There's nothing particularly distinctive about it, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The coffee is good and in abundant variety, and the pastries are good examples of their breed. It attracts the high school crowd when school is out, which is either a good or bad thing depending on your perspective, and the only squawk I have about them is they take up table space when it is crowded, which it often is. There's not a lot of competition in the immediate area, and it seems to serve the needs of its local community very well.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

Cozy cafe has plenty of seating. Has basic sandwiches (I liked that I could get a bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich in the evening.)
Favorite place to sit is in front of the fireplace.