“I'd rather sleep in my car!”

Motel 6 Providence - Warwick
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 17 January 2009

Gross room, "hair" all in the bathroom and it really stands out as the bathrooms are WHITE... no towel other then a face cloth, one pillow, shower head pipe sticking out of the wall.. about almost a foot.. Id rather stay at a whole in the wall motel then this well named hotel..

• Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank WarwickXtreme

Reviewed 26 August 2008

I will never EVER stay there or at a Motel 6 again!!!!! Ok night one when i got to my room it seem ok go to the bathroom open the door OMG it smelled so bad I went to Wal-Mart to get cleaner thats how bad. I was on the first floor so every time someone would walk on the 2nd floor it would wake you up ( very thin walls) Ok and now the kicker got out of bed walking to the bathroom that I cleaned some thing caught my eye to the right side of me so i stop and look what the HELL kind of bug is that?? Yup it's a cockroach!! So i called a manger to the room to see what it was all he could say is i'm sorry but we spray every month and it happens. What did he just say to me that it happens oh no, no, no, so in turn to him I lost it and say then maybe you should spray more than once a month, maybe you should make sure that all rooms are cleaned and done before you let someone stay in them maybe you should stay in a cockroach filled room, I want my money back from this place I want money back from the cleaner I had to go and get to clean the bathroom and I want money for the of my clothes that all need to be washed now!!! I did get everything thing back and lets just say dry cleaning is not cheap in R.I. :) I paid $50 more to stay at a Best Western for the rest of our Vac. that was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank honeymoon2009
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Negatives: Although this is close to the TF Green Airport, that's about all it's close to, other than ease to freeway access, and though the front desk staff was nice, we did not have 'maid service' every night we were there. (We were refunded one night's stay because of this factor.) Advertised as a "No Smoking" area, it reeked. The motel was not fulled booked, yet clients were placed in rooms next to each other. Crying babies and loud noises made it difficult to sleep. I'd find someplace else if possible. There are no "in-room" amenities ie, coffee, shampoo, etc...it is, afterall, a Motel 6.

Positives: There are a couple of restaurants w/in walking distance - "Bickford's" is open 24 hrs. for B,L and D. "Bugaboo Creek" is nice, w/ good food, but noisy for dinner service. It's close to freeways, and only 10 miles from downtown Providence. We had free parking for our rental car.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank koko1212
Reviewed 28 August 2007

It was a no frills, clean, inexpensive place to stay. I do not recommend staying more than one night. However, it was a chance for us to stop over for a night's rest before our final destination. The hotel is clean. However, it is bare bones... no frills.... There is not even an alarm clock in the room!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank fun45
Reviewed 29 June 2007

Obviously this is not a luxury hotel but certainly good value for the money. We found it cleaner & better maintained than the usual motel 6. We have read the rooms are too noisy but ask for the block at the back. The room we had was large & quiet.
The motel is close to exit 15 off of the 95, south of Provedence.
If you want to visit Newport (very nice!), use the 95 south to the 4. Rte 1 is okay but slow. The Bugaboo restaurant next door had very good food for lunch & dinner & there's an okay restaurant attached to the motel.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2007

Reserved several rooms for a group of foreign students visiting RI last week. The property is OK, clean, unappealing yet seems to be well maintained. Basically you get a clean room and nothing else. The attached 24-hour Bickford's restaurant and the other chain restaurants within walking distance are lifesavers. The front office staff tends to be trailer park graduates so don't expect stellar service. Then again, the rooms are so inexpensive you cant complain.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 9 May 2006

I stayed here with my family in May 2005. This was a repeat visit since we had stayed here on a previous trip. But this time was a completely bad experience. We had made a reservation months in advance. On arrival we found that the the room was filthy. The carpet was black with grime. The bathroom in the hotel room was so dirty that none of us would take a bath in shower/tub. We arrrived late and had to leave early to catch an early morning flight so there was no time to ask management to clean room. I will never stay there again. I have traveled through many places in N. America, Europe, Africa and Asia so its not like I was expecting Motel 6 to be the Taj Mahal. In fact, I have had many good experiences with Motel 6 in other places. But in this case, the general uncleanliness was way too much.

• Stayed: May 2005