“Upscale Airport Tavern - Good Place to Wait”
Review of The Federal Tavern

The Federal Tavern
Ranked #221 of 304 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Upscale airport tavern. Good place to wait since the airport doesn't have lounges. Wide array of drinks. The bartender said it will be remodeled to be airside instead of curbside, thus you will have to go thru security to enter. It needs charging outlets for cell phones.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch prior to our flight out. The only thing we were happy with was server, Kristina. It was not her fault that the food was not tasty. A few of us ordered chowder and although it was ok, we thought that since we were in Rhode Island, it should have been home made. The Buffalo Wings were too spicy, loaded with sauce and undercooked. The Philly Steak sandwich was bland. The fish and chips were nothing to rave about. Again, we expected more from a New England restaurant. We are originally from New Bedford and know good seafood. We will not return to Federal Tavern unless it is for cocktails only.

1  Thank Dmlsun
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I got the nachos plate with the grilled chicken it is always excellent I am a foodie at heart and I can eat my fair share but I always have problems finishing this enormous portion love it to.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Not bad as airport restaurants go. When I return from business trips around lunchtime, I make it a point to hit this spot for a meal before hitting the road. I've never seen it very crowded, so gosh knows how they stay in business, but the food is decent. NE clam chowder is pretty good, on the thick side though, not your Rhody milk chowder. Favorite is the reuben sandwich, good corned beef and rye bread. The batter-fried fish sandwich is also good, fresh, flaky cod, not too oily and the french fries are thin and crisp. Grilled chicken Ceasar salad is serviceable, with chopped romaine leaves; the grilled chicken is generous and has good flavor, the croutons are tasty, and dressing is fine; on the downside, the Parmesan shavings have no flavor. Service is generally good and attentive, usually just one waitress covering on the floor, but always friendly.

Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

This is an airport restaurant outside the security checkpoint. A nice place to wait and eat before your friends arrive. The chili was decent for $7. My husband ordered a burger which he says was 'just OK' - the fries came out hot & crispy which was a treat!