All reviews hotel is newly renovated clear signage cheese omelettes coffee packets usb ports minute walk fitness center stayed here walking distance would stay here again mirror franchise desk airport convenience property shuttle
Reviewed November 4, 2018

Stayed here on a two-night work trip. I had no idea I could walk from the airport to the hotel when I booked it. You actually see signs inside the terminal directing you which way to go. Unfortunately, Hertz is was in the opposite direction across some long skywalks.

A different decor than the typical Fairfield and being a Platinum members I feel I know Marriott's product pretty well.

The rooms are done in white and the vanity is in the sleeping area with the shower and toilet in another room.

Even my room (465) where I can a Southwest jet parked outside my window, my room was quiet. Even the HVAC was quiet. Bed was firm and I slept like a baby.

The only nit I would pick was that it took a long time for the shower to get hot, but once it did you'll be turning down the temp in a hurry.

Here's a tip, if there are no parking spots in front, go around to the back and enter on the opposite side. There's a door that doesn't require a room key and dumps you off in the lobby.

Fitness room is large and airy.

Breakfast was typical Fairfield fare. I stay at so many I can't eat it anymore.

I would stay here again for work.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SusanL1940PostRd, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Providence Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Dear Mark H,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at our new Fairfield by Marriott and thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review!

As a platinum member I know you experience many of our hotels so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am happy to hear that you found the airport connector so easily. It is a great feature!

I will definitely let out engineering department know about the water not heating up very quickly in your room. That is the first I have heard that, so I am curious to find out why it is happening.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your business travels bring you to the Providence/Warwick area!

Reviewed November 1, 2018

I have stayed at the ex Sheraton at the airport for 15 years. It recently became a Wyndham Hotel after, what seemed to be two years of renovations, and a gradual decline in atmosphere. The new Fairfield Inn opened a few months ago, and as a Marriott Rewards member, I decided to give it a try last week. I was generally very happy about the property.

It is new, clean, modern, and has plenty of parking. It is as close to the airport as possible and offers a shuttle to the terminal. It has a nice lobby, bar, and breakfast area, and a good sized fitness center. The Wi-Fi was excellent and the room was terrific. The king bed was comfortable, the bathroom exceptionally clean and modern, and the furnishings were tasteful and in, as expected, great condition. We were on the 4th. floor, arriving about 10 PM, and it was very quiet.

The only complaint I had was that the HVAC unit was very noisy. There seemed to something that caused vibration in it and, after a few minutes, was too loud to sleep with, so we had to go without heat on a cold night. I reported it when checking out, but am not convinced that the clerk had anyone follow-up on it. I suggest that you turn your unit on and let it run for a few minutes before settling in.

Other than that, our stay was very good. I recommend the Fairfield Inn and will be back a few times next year.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
SusanL1940PostRd, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Providence Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Dear timfromnj,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you decided to give us a try!

I want to let you know that we did take your feedback about HVAC units at check out and have been testing them in each room. I am so sorry that you experienced that and had we known at the time the issue happened we certainly would have done everything we could to provide you with a more comfortable nights sleep.

I that being said, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything else during your stay with us and that you will be returning again. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very near the airport...walking distance. Sheltered walk to the terminal, very easy to follow. Plenty of parking at the hotel. New hotel. Limited places nearby for meal. Satisfactory breakfast. Worth staying here mainly due to close access to PVD. Easy on and off from I-95.

Trip type: Travelled with family
SusanL1940PostRd, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Providence Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

Dear pmccahill95,

Thank you for you review of our property and your stay with us! We know that everyone’s time is valuable and we appreciate that you took some of yours to provide us with your valuable feedback.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you got to take advantage of our airport connector. It is a great feature and such a convenience for our guests!

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again the next time you are in the Providence/Warwick area!

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip and was very happy with the entire stay. There is plenty of parking and it is easy to find. WiFi was strong and worked well and the beds were very comfortable.

There is a nice restaurant about a 5 minute walk, at most that you can eat in or carry out. There are many other restaurants nearby that you could probably walk to but it rained while I was there and I didn’t want to get soaked.

The hotel has a nice little store with drinks and snacks in the lobby.

The free airport shuttle was a plus and the hotel is a very short distance to the airport. If you like watching planes ask for an airport view. You can see the airport well and you can see planes landing and taking off. If you are there at the right day and time you can watch the patriots team plane land.

The only complaints I could think of was that they only had two coffee packets in the room, one caffeinated and one decaf. I am sure they would have brought more if I had asked but I was alone. The mirror in the room was a little odd but I am sure there was a reason for it.

Everyone was friendly and helpful and I would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
SusanL1940PostRd, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Providence Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear gus1899,

Thank you for writing such a great and descriptive review of your stay at our property! I greatly appreciate you informing others of such great key points of our hotel.

I am happy to hear that you got the perk of seeing the Patriots plane, having such a great view of the runway is a treat, especially since the building is soundproof so you can watch and enjoy.

I am sorry to hear that there was bad weather during your stay, but I am glad we have the benefit of a good restaurant right next to our parking lot for you to enjoy. For future, in addition, the airport shuttle also goes within a 3 mile radius of the hotel, so should we get the privilege of you staying with us again just let us know if there is somewhere we can take you to.

I do hope you had enough coffee in the room as the standard is one regular abs one decaf. However, if you had needed more we would have happily brought it up to you. Let us know if you return and we will make sure a couple more packets are alrwady in the room for you.

Look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night with my husband, as we needed a hotel near Providence. Was very impressed with the whole facility. Clean, nicely furnished, and very comfortable. Highly recommended. Very close to airport, about 15 minutes from Providence.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear PG5000,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this 5 star review of our property. More importantly, we are so happy that we were able to provide you with an impressive stay! Every day our staff strives to go above and beyond our guests expectations and we are so glad you got to experience that.

We hope to see you again the next time your travels being you to the Warwick/Providence area!