“Great Breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 144 Restaurants in Westerly
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped at the Cooked Goose while driving back to Massachusetts from Connecticut. We got there in time for a late Sunday morning breakfast. My wife and I had to wait about 15 minutes for a table but while waiting we had coffee. The staff at the Cooked Goose was friendly and engaging. The food was very good. As a fan of corned beef hash, their's was excellent. My wife had a breakfast sandwich with avocado, egg, cheese and a very flavorful chicken sausage. She thought that the sandwich was great. The restaurant and its bathrooms were clean and tidy. The Cooked Goose is a great place for families and kids looking for a very good casual breakfast or lunch.

1  Thank Skier9175

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed breakfast here while on vacation in the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the menu had a lot of choices.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Great location, pleasant atmosphere, long wait at any hour of the day and an over abundance of food that is not always hot when served. Some great staff and others that are indifferent to your needs. Not my favorite but OK if you have the time.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I had heard about this place for some time, and finally a group of 4 of us went. We arrived by 11:30 on a Monday, and there was a wait for tables!. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was that there seems to always be a wait. We were offered our choice of being the last group for breakfast or go for lunch. I don't think it would have mattered as far as wait time was concerned. While waiting, there is coffee to sip on and a place to sit. Within 10 minutes we were seated. We opted for lunch. The restaurant isn't that big, that's why there is often a wait. The staff was friendly and our waitress explained all the specials. We got: Baby Organic Greens Salad, Hamburger Platter, Grilled Cheese with Fontina on Country Wheat and Fried Chicken Cutlet Sandwich. All were really good. The salad had a nice variety of veggies, and not too much cheese and pecans. The hamburger platter was a big, fat, juicy burger on a nice looking roll with a nice mound of fries. The Grilled cheese looked really good, and was quite generous. It didn't look greasy at all. The fried chicken cutlet sandwich was everything my friend hoped it would be. This restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch. I'd love to go back and try breakfast. I'm guessing weekend mornings would be very crowded. There is a large assortment of baked goods, salads and other meals available for take-out. They are open later in the summer.

1  Thank cjyap
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I try to get here at least once a month. The food is divine! I typically go for the Benedict, but the hollandaise is so good that I ask for a side of it even if I'm just getting scrambled eggs! The hubbz usually gets the bagel platter, and everything looks so fresh. Can't say enough good things about this place. From food to staff to atmosphere, The Cooked Goose does all of it right!