“Good Location.......falling apart”

Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort/Parris Island
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed 20 March 2011

This hotel needs some serious work.....the hallways are filthy, the keyless entry cards only work occasionally, and it is basically poorly maintained. Price was high and room was really not great. There were no bugs....and the sheets and pillows were clean...but overall it just gave you a dirty feeling. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sgostrander

Reviewed 1 February 2011

The hotel is awesome. Very clean and the service was perfect. Allowed us to check in a few hours early, and the breakfast is great. Will definitely be back next time we're working in the area! overall very happy would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohnDerek
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I was traveling alone and had to stop in beaufort for one night. This hotel was reasonably priced and rooms were very clean. The staff was very friendly and I enjoyed my one night stay there. I attached couple pictures that I took while i was there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I was visiting beaufort, SC for my nephew's graudation at the base and I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the base. Very conveniently located from the base and the room were competively priced.
The room were clean and furnished nicely. Hotel offered free breakfast in the morning which was a big plus for me. I checked around town but this howard johnson offered the best bang for the buck. My spouse was very happy too
Definitely check this place out if you plan on visiting beaufort. I would recommend it to my family and friends

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2011

If you are looking for a nice bed for a good nights sleep, look elsewhere. The room we were in had soiled, cut mattresses w/ stuffing coming out. One mattress was covered w/ a blanket instead of a mattress pad. The bathroom was clean but there were 'mealy' worms on the floor by the beds headboard due to the lack of cleaning properly. This is a poor example shown to our military families who stay in the area for graduations.Guests expect and should receive a decent bed and a clean room.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank RayLorraine
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Its was nice staying at hotel and good room service. The staff working at front desk is good very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank pari23
Reviewed 16 June 2010

My family and i came down to beaufort SC for a Paris Island graduation.. the howard johnson motel was very nasty hott and had a horrible smell when we checked in the people we very rude.........that night we went down their to see if we could have towels and they informed us that it would be $5.00 a towel and then we discoved that their was only supposed to be 1 person in a room after we told them that it was gonna be 4 to a room. They then wanted to charge us $15.00 a day for every other person in the room except for 1 we then were very rudly kicked out i wouldn't let my dog stay their so i don't reccomend any1 else to NOT FRIENDLY AT ALL TOWARDS MILITARY FAMILY'S

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family