“Best Value in town”

Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort/Parris Island
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I was visiting beaufort, SC for my nephew's graudation at the base and I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the base. Very conveniently located from the base and the room were competively priced.
The room were clean and furnished nicely. Hotel offered free breakfast in the morning which was a big plus for me. I checked around town but this howard johnson offered the best bang for the buck. My spouse was very happy too
Definitely check this place out if you plan on visiting beaufort. I would recommend it to my family and friends

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 January 2011

If you are looking for a nice bed for a good nights sleep, look elsewhere. The room we were in had soiled, cut mattresses w/ stuffing coming out. One mattress was covered w/ a blanket instead of a mattress pad. The bathroom was clean but there were 'mealy' worms on the floor by the beds headboard due to the lack of cleaning properly. This is a poor example shown to our military families who stay in the area for graduations.Guests expect and should receive a decent bed and a clean room.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank RayLorraine
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Its was nice staying at hotel and good room service. The staff working at front desk is good very helpful.

1  Thank pari23
Reviewed 16 June 2010

My family and i came down to beaufort SC for a Paris Island graduation.. the howard johnson motel was very nasty hott and had a horrible smell when we checked in the people we very rude.........that night we went down their to see if we could have towels and they informed us that it would be $5.00 a towel and then we discoved that their was only supposed to be 1 person in a room after we told them that it was gonna be 4 to a room. They then wanted to charge us $15.00 a day for every other person in the room except for 1 we then were very rudly kicked out i wouldn't let my dog stay their so i don't reccomend any1 else to NOT FRIENDLY AT ALL TOWARDS MILITARY FAMILY'S

1  Thank sunshine1993212
Reviewed 15 June 2010

My family and I traveled over 800 miles to visist family, and Howard Johnson tried their best to scam us. It was already late when we checked into the place, and we were all exhausted from the trip. They wanted to charge us five dollars for extra towels, and ten dollars extra per person that was with us because they said only two people were allowed per room when the rooms had twin beds. All eleven of us walked into the lobby together, what did they think we were going to camp outside? The rooms weren't clean, and it was the worst service we've ever had. The people were rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate. After we asked why they were trying to charge us extra money, they kicked us out. It was after midnight, and we had no place to go, we had to make reservations at another place and didn't get to go to sleep until almost 3 am. It was terrible. NEVER EVER GO THERE!!!

1  Thank ect_777
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Hello, My name is Jerry and I was visiting Beaufort mainly for leisure and to get away from the hectic life and I got alot more than I expected. The town was amazing with friendly people and places. After a long day of sighseeing I decided to rest at the Howard Johnson Express Inn. The hotel was very attractive with a clean parking lot, clean gardening. The office was very attractive with dark colors the staff was very friendly and courteous.
The room was well furnished with T.V., chairs, desk and lots more. The bed was very clean with NO stains or holes in bedding and the bathroom was exceptionally clean as well. We stayed for three days and travelled the area for shopping and sighseeing. The picture below was from Hunting Island which was about 20 miles away. I got lucky with good fish and good pictures too. Overall, beaufort was amazing and filled with lots of past time acitivities, shopping malls and lots more.
I would definitely recommend the town and the hotel for prospective visitors, famliy and friends

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jerry_bower12
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I HAVE STAYED AT MANY HOTELS IN THE BEAUFORT AREA AND THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL IN BEAUFORT!!!!!! This is the most dilapidated hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms smelled like mildew and the AC did not work. On top of this, the hotel is run by the RUDEST and most undesirable staff possible. They are in no way cordial or polite and could care less as to the quality of your stay. When alerted to the problems with our room/stay, the owner/manager sarcastically told us to call Howard Johnson corporate "and see what they do". HoJo took no responsibility for the problems either, stating that since he is an owner-operator there is nothing they can do. The owner thinks that he has his own little independent city-state that he can do whatever/and treat people however he wants. So that is just what he does. I truly wish I could give this place negative stars or personally look all of you reading this in the face to emphatically tell you DO NOT STAY HERE. If you want to have a nice weekend ruined in record time, stay here. IF NOT, stay elsewhere, ANYWHERE ELSE. I would rather sleep in my car than stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business