City Loft Hotel
Oasis Inn(Beaufort)
  • Room Service
Atlantic Inn(Beaufort)
1,017 results
All reviewscoffee shopcity javasoaking tubturn down servicerain showercookieswithin walking distancemotor lodgegreat bathroomdowntown beaufortperfect locationgreat coffeewalk in showerseparate showersmall hotelflat screenfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We have stayed here three times over the past year and each stay has proven to be consistently excellent (which is a good sign that this boutique chic hotel is well run and has staying power). Our friend who was travelling with us also took a room and was impressed especially by the spa type bathtub. We love that,too...and the linens and bed are great quality for a good night's rest after visiting Hunting Island State Park nearby. The cafe attached to the hotel has good food as well. Staff is top notch. We only find fault with the TV system that we found nearly impossible to use the complex remote control...we could just be two old fogies, though. :) oh and the best part is this wonderful place lets you bring your dog!

Room Tip: We've stayed in 3rooms on first floor and all were consistently nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paintergurl
CLHGM, General Manager at City Loft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you so much for your review of City Loft Hotel. We all appreciate your continued support and I love to hear that we meet your needs and exceed your expectations each time you stay with us. We will continue to maintain our quality of service and amenities. I also appreciate your comments about the TV. They are pretty high tech and I will look into a remote that might be easier to use. Come on back and bring your furry family member - we have rooms dedicated to our travelers with pets.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We love the spa-like details of this unique motel. The decor is modern, yet warm & welcoming. Comfortable, plush beds guarantee a great night's sleep. I love the deep soaking bathtubs. CityLoft is within walking distance of the historical area's best restaurants. The staff at CityLoft are friendly and accommodating. Best service ever.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen C
CLHGM, General Manager at City Loft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you so much for your great review of City Loft Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, our location and our staff. Best Service Ever is so great to hear - which is why Tripadvisor users voted us the Top 10 in the country for service. We are so proud of our staff and they love to hear wonderful comments from our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I can't say enough nice things about this hotel. Yes...it is , in fact, a converted motel, but has everything a larger city boutique hotel has and more. In fact, the conversion adds to the charm. If you have any concerns about this being clean and modern...leave them behind. We had a friendly greeting from Charlotte before we even reached the office and she continued to provide us with great tips for the area, as well as make us a reservation at a great restaurant nearby. To paraphrase a previous reviewer's notes, it was "oh, what have I done" to "wow...what a great place " to "I wish we could stay longer". The room was delightful, with an incredibly comfortable king bed. The bathroom far surpasses many hotels at twice the price, with not only a deep soaking tub, but a separate walk in shower with a rain shower head in the center that easily accomodated my 6'3" frame. It was a rare treat. A workout room is also available to those of you that don't understand the concept of vacation! We were right in the middle of historic Beaufort and minutes from the waterfront. A "blind" walk around the neightborhood revealed everything we were looking for. Southern charm and Spanish moss. The entire staff here made us feel welcome and went out of their way for us. Make sure you stay here and enjoy the hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed the property and appreciate the renovation. We are always so please to hear that the staff, the memory foam topped bed, the soaking tub and separate shower exceed our guests expectations. This is a very special place and I am so glad you enjoyed it. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

The nicest quaint but hip place in town. I visited City Loft to relax and destress from life in general. From the call to make reservations to checking out it was a wonderful experience. I am geographically challenged and Jason one of the staff stood outside to flag me in.as well as made excellent restaurant selections. Charlotte upon me saying what I would like to do that weekend downloaded maps for me taking me full circle around the island. A few surprises - a turn down at night with cookies on your pillow. They even bring you ice! A wonderful decor that is soothing and relaxful but very colorful. A 5' soaking tub and TV in the bathroom, with robes included. Within walking distance to great shopping and eating. A room can be a room can be a room - a place to lay your head at night but when the staff is as good as the City Lofts then it is way more than a room. Try it out you will not be disappointed.

K. Plowden, Columbia SC

Room Tip: Best Bed in town. The bed is so comfortable and pillows galore! Active. Tables outside some rooms lower level to let you drink your coffee and eat your muffin from their cafe and watch the day go by.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
CLHGM, General Manager at City Loft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of City Loft Hotel. Quaint and Hip - I love it!! I am thrilled that you had such a great time and that our staff was able to provide you with a great level of comfort and confidence. I am so proud and appreciative of them and always so happy to hear when they shine. I am also so happy to hear that you loved your room, enjoyed the cookies and were able to spend some time checking out the area. It really is a perfect getaway from Columbia - just a couple of hours from the city and into a whole other world. Come back when you can!

Reviewed 8 February 2012

The room and staff were just great. Very clean, super comfy bed and awesome bathroom. The location is also just great as it is in walking distance to all of the old town, restaurants, shops and more. The downside is that it has all exterior entrances to the room, no in-room coffee and no breakfast. The coffee shop is on the first floor and is great. We stayed here as part of a two-night special they are running. I don't know that I would pay what was listed without it.

Room Tip: Small place. No elevator so if you hate steps ask for first floor. Since it is all an exterior entrace this may bother you too.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gumbygirl1

Thank you so much for your review of City Loft Hotel. I am so glad that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable and our staff helpful and friendly. I appreciate your comments as we are always trying to improve our services and amenities. As a conservation effort we chose not to tear down an old motor court motel but instead decided to renovate the structure into the modern, beautiful hotel that it is. We are in a prime, very safe location and are walking distance to shopping, the Old Point Historic neighborhood and great restaurants - two of which are on the same corner with us. City Java & News is known for it's freshly roasted beans and we prefer to offer a choice of the highest quality coffee to our guests. We also offer room service delivery of our coffee - whether one cup of drip coffee or a specialty espresso drink - along with a great selection of pastries, 5-Herb Ham & Cheese biscuit, which was featured in Southern Living, and other delicious breakfast selections. So keep that in mind on your next visit and we will deliver our delicious coffee right to your door! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Beaufort.