See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After reading the reviews from outer guest this place was a lot better then how they described it to be. They have recently renovated there rooms with new carpet and furniture. For the price I paid this was not that bad of a place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank ponch98
Reviewed September 23, 2012

the rooms smelled like pee,there were cock roches everywhere,maid service leaves 2 towels for 4 people,1 of the 2 rooms did not have a phone,no safty locks for babies, had to buy cleaners myself and roach spray,microwave did not work,only 1 sm. trash can,maid service consist of making beds, the floors/carpet is nasty.people always standing on the balconey looking like dealers of sorts.the only good thing to be said is:It is located fairly close to Parris Island-Marine's Graduation.

Room Tip: Look Elsewhere!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Angelia W
Reviewed December 26, 2011

My nephew graduated from Marine boot camp in OCT 2011. I had made a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn but THEY decided to cancel my reservation (my brother's also) without notifying me. The Atlantic Inn was the ONLY place in town that was available. Folks, the Atlantic Inn is what it is- a low, low budget motel. No, the room wasn't spotless and the bathroom wasn't brass and granite but it served the purpose for me (and my brother who stayed in the next room).

Room Tip: Take a look at the rooms first. If you don't think you can spend the night there- then don't.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank 7445OH
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I agree with the descriptions given by other reviewers but the place was just as I expected from the outside appearance. I can't be too hard on the Atlantic Inn. The hot water was hot and the heat and TV worked and I had a bed to sleep in when there was no other room available in the city. I got just what I paid for and understood what I was getting. I've stayed in worse places.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank KJW275
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We asked to see a room prior to paying. On first glance, it was dingy, but the room didnt appear overtly bad, so we took it. First thing we noticed after that was a pop bottle under a chair belonging to a former customer. The toilet seat had a hinge missing, so we had a swivel seat. The bed sheets were clean and white, but the pillowcases were yellow, with burn holes and stains. I did receive a new set. Slept OK, then in AM, it was raining. As I sat on the toilet, I felt water drops on my head and down my back. A strong leak was above me in the ceiling. Then, when I got in the shower (wore my socks, as I didn't trust cleanliness), I discovered my washcloth was a rag...a huge hole was in the center of it. My travel companion complained to the woman who ran the motel, and told her she felt we should get some of our money back. The woman refused to refund any money. Then, to add insult to injury, I left my cell phone on the nightstand; when I called later, the woman said no phone had been found.

Room Tip: There are many reputable hotel chains in area. We were trying to save a buck...sometimes, you get what you pay for. The America's Best Value Inn was only $10 more, and looked better from outside.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends