“Lovely way to take in Camden history ”

Camden Carriage Company
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Camden
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

The history was interesting and accurate. We had a two person carriage ride and thoroughly enjoyed it. Beth was our horse and she was beautiful. We got to feed her a treat after our tour. Enjoyed looking at numerous historical sites.

Reviewed September 29, 2016

Michelle Marble worked with me and arranged a tea and carriage ride for 40 ladies, with half going on two carriages while the other half had tea served by Palmetto Tea Room and then alternating. Michelle was wonderful to work with, accomodating my every request including arrangements for a rain date and expanding and shrinking numbers of ladies. Michelle and her husband own the Carriage company. He drove the horses while she gave a lively, passionate, and comical historic commentary. We were enchanted by the beauty of the Camden houses which was a trip back to a bygone era.. The four course tea was served in a delightful tea room with all the delicious goodies handmade. The day couldn't have been more perfect and I can't recommend Camden Carriage Company more highly. I found Camden In a book I have "The Most Beautiful Towns and Villages in the South" and I found Camden Carriage Company on trip advisor and arranged the trip for 40 senior ladies from Charlotte taking a gamble on both. We won big time. Everyone wants to come back.

1  Thank terrycO8697MC
Reviewed April 28, 2016

The 90-minute carriage ride through the historic neighborhoods of Camden was the highlight of our trip. There's no better way to see the magnificent historic houses, the site of the Battle of Hobkirk's Hill (Revolutionary War - 1781), and various parks and monuments. Brevard Place in particular was like a storybook street. Both of our guides were excellent, especially Melinda who did most of the talking for an hour and a half (!), and we were transported in a very comfortable carriage by the horse "Andre the Giant." We highly recommend Camden Carriage tours.

Reviewed October 27, 2015

A pleasant ride through old Camden with a few ghost stories along the way.
The ride was in a large wagon which was very comfortable and relaxed. The wagon was pulled by Andre the Giant and his buddy Alex, two Percherons who were well suited to the task. The driver and Michelle, our guide and storyteller were both very nice people who were a pleasure to be with.
Highly recommended.
They also have other buggies and carriages for other occasions.

1  Thank lhendrix53