“Off the beaten path, but worth it”

Salud Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2017

While on a road trip from VA to GA, it was time for a dinner stop. We were trying to avoid the typical fast food stops, plus our 2 year old needed some time out of his car seat. After some searching, my wife found this spot and said it got great reviews. It was a little ways from the interstate, but figured it would be better than any fast food joint. It was a bit unassuming when we parked out front. However, that quickly changed when we walked inside. The vibe was pulsing and the food smelled amazing. My wife had street tacos, which were tasty. But if you love shrimp, you have to go with the shrimp quesadilla. Wow, what a burst of flavor...large shrimp grilled perfectly...I now hold it as a standard!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

My friends and family and I come here every time we want a good meal in Camden. We live in neighboring Lake Wateree and make the trip just to eat lunch here. My favorite is the Enchiladas Del Mar.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Nice respite from typical Mexican cuisine (which we also enjoy)! Generous portions and delicious menu options.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I had heard about this restaurant from some friends, and my husband and I decided to take our two boys with us, they are 8 and 5. I didn't realize it wasn't a "kid-friendly" place, so I was a bit worried, and we considered leaving. Once we decided to stay, the waiter assured us they had a few kids menu items. I ordered a burrito the waiter recommended, and it was delicious. My husband also loved his food, and we were very happy with our experience. I would highly recommend it, however I would suggest as a date night, while they were accommodating for our family, it was more for couples and adults.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to have lunch at Salud this week. It was an absolute joy! The food and the service were both excellent. I had 2 appetizer/small plate selections ( Sweet Corn Tamal and Empanadas). Both were well seasoned and perfected prepared and presented. Hubby had a burrito and poblano rice and he thoroughly enjoyed his meal. Prices are realistic, service was quick and it is definitely worth the short drive from the Interstate into town.