“Delicious Small Tapas and Entrees!”
Review of Butcher & Bee

Butcher & Bee
Reserve with OpenTable
Butcher & Bee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,000 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Description: Butcher & Bee started out serving honest-to-goodness sandwiches made with flavor combinations and food quality usually reserved for fine dining. Now their offerings have grown beyond sandwiches to all types of foods. And they bring them to you from local farmers who produce spectacular flavors. Supporting local and sustainable is not a slogan. It's the right thing to do, and the food tastes better for it.
Reviewed March 29, 2017

The sweet potato wedges with ancho chili sauce appetizer is superb. Great hummus and bean dip small plates with warm, fresh baked nan!! There are vegetarian options as well as great meat choices.

Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

We had heard about this place for lunch, but it worked out better to go for dinner, and I'm glad we did! The atmosphere is very cool, and the menu is unique. My husband and I chose the 6 "small plates" for $30 option, and they were amazing! Service was excellent, and just a cool experience overall.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

A hip, chic restaurant with big outdoor seating area .
Had Tapas / Meze ( 5 or 6 ones you choose) for $30.00
Loved it! I love to eat a variety of small plates. Reasonable wine list too.
many other options of both medium and bigger -sized entrees, also.
Hubby and my teens were all happy with their choices, including my vegan teen.
Incredibly well-informed, gracious professional service.
A great dinner option and we will return when we next visit Charleston!

1  Thank etheviolin
Reviewed March 15, 2017

I have been several times now and really enjoy coming back. They change the menu up while keeping some favorites so it is always interesting. Service has always been good. Glad they came to the neighborhood.

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently had dinner at Butcher and Bee during our first visit to Charleston. We chose this place based on all the glowing reviews. We were able to snag a reservation at the chefs counter which we ended up thoroughly enjoying because we got to watch all the cooking action. The restaurant is modern, large, bright and airy... it gave off a cool and unpretentious vibe. Service was attentive and friendly, our servers were very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. We ordered the bread basket with olive oil to start and was happy munching on delicious rustic carbs (bread w nuts and olives was our favorite). For starters, we ordered 3 mezze (small dishes) and were absolutely blown away by the flavors: Spicy carrots with yogurt and salsa verde, grilled radishes with green curry, coconut and preserved lemons, and crispy fried olives stuffed with anchovies on a bed of pesto (crazy addictive!) We want to go back and order all the mezze plates to try more. We had the kebabs for 2 for our dinner and everything was delicious, including a skewer of beef belly. My non-foodie husband looked up at me mid-meal and said wide-eyed, "I've never had food like this before". Butcher and Bee might've made a foodie out of him! We felt so satisfied we decided to opt out of dessert right then and there.
If you love food... if you love middle eastern spices at all... if you can appreciate creative and delicious dishes... you need to have a meal here!