Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-04-22
SAVE US$17
Agoda.comUS$113
HIExpress.comUS$113
PricelineUS$113
All reviews front desk room was clean great stay the breakfast area folly beach close to downtown cookies definitely stay here again historic area ashley river leila hie sherry microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed January 30, 2021

My mom, dad and I stayed here while my mom had some medical appointments over at MUSC. We were given a room by the elevators on the 3rd floor. The check in process was very easy and the attendant was very helpful. We got our things up to the room after parking the vehicle. Everything was very clean and organized. The beds are amazingly soft. We picked our items from the breakfast menu for the next day. There were quite a few otions to choose from (considering the Covid 19). Breakfast was delivered up to the room on time each morning. Trash and towels were left by the door and they picked those up fairly quickly as well. Front desk provided whatever we ran out of. We would use this hotel again.

1  Thank Christen A
Kelly Fassett, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2021

Dear Christen,

WOW! Thank you so much for the amazing review! I truly appreciate your comments about your recent stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed everything about your stay while visiting MUSC. I hope you have an opportunity to visit us again.

Reviewed January 25, 2021 via mobile

This had to be one the worst hotel experiences ever! We arrived at the hotel and immediately checked the room for cleanliness. We found dirt, dust, crumbs and hair on our desk and in the beds. We tried to wipe down and spray everything and press on. However, when we went to take a shower, we found a dirty washcloth tied around the neck of the shower! Gross! We called to the Front Desk and was immediately moved to another room. However, one walk into the room... we turned right back around. This room was also dirty. Food stains in the chairs, carpets, beer bottle caps under the bed, crumbs galore... I mean after driving for 5 hours, 2 room changes and both rooms being dirty, especially in the COVID days! We packed up and went to a clean hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank toyasagapeach
Kelly Fassett, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2021

Dear Toyasagapeach,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am truly sorry we fell short during your stay. I am truly embarrassed by the cleanliness of the guest rooms. We take great pride in our cleanliness and service. I am hoping that you will give us an opportunity in the future. If you decide to return to our location please email me at kfassett@chs.email or (843) 402-8300 extension 400.

Reviewed January 8, 2021

I spoke with Ms. Heather at the front desk. I made a mistake and booked the wrong dates on Hotels.com
Heather told me it was a pain to get it changed, and it was!! She was so great she stayed on the phone in the lobby with the third party for about 2 hours assisting me to get it changed. It was so nice having someone so willing to help, she truly knows the value of customer service!! I highly recommend this hotel the rooms are great too !!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 533savannahc
Kelly Fassett, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2021

WOW!! Thank you for the amazing review about Heather! I am so happy to hear that you experience Heather's customer service 1st hand. Heather is a great asset to the hotel and to our team. I am truly lucky to have her. I am so happy that Heather was able to help you with Hotels.com. I hope you have an opportunity to visit us again. Stay safe.

Reviewed October 6, 2020

We checked in late and the staff did not explain what she meant by grab and go breakfast. She did not even greet us and only gave us letter in envelope. We found out later in the morning that only limited cold breakfast items are available. No hot breakfast served in the lobby. Not even coffee. We are told to prepare ourselves in our room.

I understand this is state law, but this is very strict. Once the hotels ask customer to handle our own breakfast, then hotel is transferring their responsibility of providing breakfast.

The room was average. One early morning, the alarm went off for about 20 minutes...

The hotel is too close to main street. We could hear sirens several times ...

The bathroom was not fully clean. We found 2 cockroaches ...

Keurig coffee machine was not clean either. After cleaning, coffee still did not taste good.

There just too many mistakes and inconveniences along the way. This is not the Holiday Inn quality we know .

The morning staff were friendlier.

Date of stay: October 2020
Kelly Fassett, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2020

Thank you for sharing with us your experience while you were visiting Charleston. I am so sorry that we fell short on every part of your stay from the check in experience to the guest room. I would love to have the opportunity to make this right. If you wouldn't mind emailing me at kfassett@charlestownehotels.com to get this resolved. Again I am so sorry that we didn't create a memorable experience for you. I look forward to hearing from you. I truly appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed August 16, 2020

Stayed here on the night of the 13th of August 2020. The receptionist was not wearing a face mask. When I mentioned this, she said "I don't have to." There were signs everywhere (in fact, at the reception, between me and the receptionist) telling you to wear a mask, but the receptionist evidently felt that the rules did not apply to her. She later gave keys for our room to another customer (checked in 2 sets of customers to 1 room). The other person walked into our room. She knocked $25 off the bill but that does not cover the fact that she willingly and deliberately jeopardizes customers' health through not complying with the face-mask rule.

Room tip: tell the receptionist to wear a face mask
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank 829griffg
Kelly Fassett, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2020

Dear 829griffg,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate the honest feedback. As the General Manager, I would personally like to apologize for the team member that was not wearing a mask while checking you in. . I will be addressing this with all employees. All employees are required to wear a mask, so I am extremely sorry the way that it was handle upon check-in. I am hoping that you will give us another opportunity in the future.