“Too crowded for the best route”
Review of Olde Towne Carriage Company - CLOSED

Olde Towne Carriage Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Come ride with the best. We offer one hour historic horse-drawn carriage tours hosted by one of our licensed tour guides. We also have several specialty carriages to make your event extra special. Call us today we'd love to be part of your trip to Charleston.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

What a disappointment! Since the guide said the normal popular route was crowded we would have to wait 30-60 minutes to start our tour. This was AFTER all were aboard and we had pulled away from the staging area. As she was announcing this, she turned the carriage around and advised we would thereby take an alternate route. This route consisted of little more then a tour of the blocks around Charleston College and included nothing of the beautiful and historic neighborhoods Charleston is most famous for. We saw plenty of fraternity and sorority houses! CVS stores on busy streets. My 9 year old asked why there were no other carriages on this area....because there was nothing to see! I understand it's busy and crowded but the company should have asked if we were interested in this alternate tour PRIOR to our boarding. My advice: before you board, get an exact itinerary.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Definitely a must do in Charleston for the experience! There are several carriage rides and I'm glad we chose this one!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I must say first that I am not a fan of carriage tours, however, this one is well worth it. We could not find another type of tour, took this one, and loved it.

Thank Craig and sheil... B
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Great way to learn the history of Charleston. Three different routes - your route is chosen by city required lottery, but no matter which, you'll enjoy the ride.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Overall, I found this an excellent way to explore Charleston! Yes, it's a very "tourist" thing to do, but it's very interesting to hear a little bit of history and learn about some of Charleston's somewhat hidden attractions. If you get to the barn/pickup point early, the staff is happy to let you pet the horses.

Having taken this tour in February, I can't imagine that this hour-long tour would be as pleasant (for visitors, tour guides, or the animals) in the hot, humid summer months.

For two people, you'll be looking at a price tag of roughly $40-50. Also, be sure to tip your driver!

1  Thank TheInfamousSpongee