John Rutledge House Inn
US$279
US$229
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites West of the Ashley(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$116
ComfortSuites
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$109
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$100
BestWestern.com
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$129
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe main housecarriage house roomsbroad streetgrand suitetempurpedic mattressdeclaration of independenceshrimp and gritseach morningbottled waterwithin walking distancelovely courtyardmodern conveniencesother guestsconcierge staffbed and breakfasthistoric propertyno elevator
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The afternoon assistant manager, Mike Bird loaned us his laptop in order to watch a webcast that we were unable to receive. Just a super young man. The accomodations were excellent as well.

Room Tip: Suite 8 in main house was very quiet and restful.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goodneighbor7
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Wr stayed at the John Rutledge House for two nights with our small dog. We had a beautiful room in the Ashley Carriage House, and the bed was so comfortable! My dog enjoyed the treats that greeted her in our room upon arrival with a note attached. Breakfast in the ballroom was delicious and a lovely spot to relax. The location is perfect. I would definitely stay here the next time I am in Charleston.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank CTrahan1
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Too high a price for medicre breakfasts. Wonderful room with comfortable bed.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MWPerry
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed with my cousin in the Edward Rutledge room and it was spacious and beautiful! The beds were comfy and there was even a working fireplace in the room! Perhaps the two best things about our stay at The Rutledge Inn was 1. the proximity to the shopping and street life on King street and 2. The amazing breakfast spread! We are both Pescetarian and they had a great selection for us to choose from. Definitely do NOT pass up their grits or the biscuit with sherried fruit. We opted for breakfast in the peaceful and serene courtyard; it was the way to go. We also enjoyed the complimentary spirits in the upstairs lounge area after a late dinner in the city. Definitely spend some time on their upstairs balcony taking in the calm street, tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Downtown. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Yola B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife an I had a relaxing time at the John Rutledge house. We enjoyed the afternoon tea and being able to sit an relax on the front porch. We also enjoyed the courtyard. The breakfast was a great way to start the day. A good selection of standard fare and plenty of fresh fruit. I enjoyed having breakfast served in my room. I did not have to get up and get dressed to go out for breakfast. I look forward to spending more time at this wonderful Inn,

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple