Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews king street continental breakfast wine and cheese great location gas fireplace historic district each evening within walking distance yogurt high ceilings each morning downtown charleston happy hour hard boiled eggs definitely stay here again walked everywhere city market
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2020

I'm currently staying at this hotel and I honestly have no clue where the stellar reviews are coming from. To say my stay has been disappointing would be an understatement. The reason for giving 2 stars rather than just 1 is because of the friendly gentleman who checked us in AND the fact that the hotel surprised us with a bottle of Brut to celebrate our anniversary. Other than that, my stay has been REALLY pitiful.

I'm not sure if the fact that it's a holiday week has anything to do with the poor service and seemingly skeleton crew that's working at the hotel, but I'm also paying top dollar for the fact that it IS Christmas week and was really looking for a better experience with such great prior reviews.

The room is small and just okay. I think we were probably the only guests staying in the hotel for the first few nights. We never came across anyone else for the first days of our stay. The champagne was a nice and unexpected surprise, but I was told to leave it outside our door when finished... Which we did... and it wasn't picked up for 48 hours. It made us feel like noone was even here working on the property for a tray of dirty glasses to be sitting outside our door for 2 days. Again, a very pleasant surprise by the hotel, but it hasn't made up for the rest of our stay.

Upon check in, I asked about the cleaning policy due to COVID. I was told that the hotel was not offering cleaning service, however, we could request it and they would be happy to schedule a time for us to be out of the room for us to clean. We are staying in the hotel for a total of 5 nights, which is an extremely long time to not have fresh sheets, towels, toiletries, toilet paper, etc. so I was happy to hear they would accommodate us at some point through our stay.

Well, that was not the case. We went to the lobby last evening and were greeted by an EXTREMELY unfriendly older woman who seemed to enjoy arguing with us that they would NOT be doing any cleaning.... Though she did offer to give us sheets to change them myself. I'm spending $1100 to stay at the hotel, and she had the audacity to ARGUE with me and tell me that I could change my own sheets? I understand the COVID "rules", but to be told one thing by the gentleman checking us in that we could easily schedule a cleaning and then a few days later be argued with and told to change my own sheets... Unbelievable. I simply wanted, at SOME point during my 5 night stay, for my room to be cleaned, linens to be swapped out, etc. Again, paying top dollar during Christmas time, I don't really think I'm asking for something out of the realm of possibility.

We ended up being told by the unfriendly woman working the front desk to come check with the staff in the morning to see about scheduling our room cleaning. We did just that, and were once again greeted by another woman who gave SO much pushback about this. The roadblocks and hard time that the staff has given us is really unappreciated.

Finally, the "wine and cheese hour" leaves a lot to be desired. The gentleman that has helped us two of the nights (I'm assuming he's the "regular" for this event) has been SO unfriendly. He just stands there, doesn't greet the guests, and at 5:58PM packs up the wine and cheese without a word and leaves... It's like he can hardly wait to be off work and finished with his "chore". I have never felt more unwelcome in any atmosphere and we will refrain from attending the next two evenings due to feeling awkward in his presence.

Do yourself a favor and SPEND THE EXTRA $ to stay in one of the highly sought after hotels. I am certain you will have a much better experience. What a shame. The southern hospitality truly does not exist here.

Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank sumbake
Michelle Woodhull, Owner at Kings Courtyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Kings Courtyard Inn. Your recent experience does not reflect the standards of Kings Courtyard Inn and so we apologize for the inconvenience to your stay. We value your comments as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction.

Reviewed December 20, 2020 via mobile

Staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions for dinner. The hotel staff was cleaning and sanitizing throughout the visit. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom/2 bath king suite.It was spacious and had blackout blinds, comfortable beds and linens. The breakfast delivered to our room was fantastic, because we didn't want to get dressed for breakfast. It included cereals, oatmeal, fruit, breads, pastries, boiled eggs, coffee, juices. I enjoyed the daily Happy Hour and Daniel the bartender was friendly and kept us entertained. Great location. Walking distance to everything, lots of great restaurants: 5th & Church, Hanks Seafood, we also dined at The Ordinary, and had drinks at The Prohibition bar we drove there. Lots of holiday lights, cute parks, nice people, relaxing trip. Make sure you see the Pineapple fountain and visit the plantations: Boone Hall, Middleton place, and The Magnolia garden. We also visited the Charleston Tea plantation, Firefly distillery and Copper Fox distillery.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Holly F
Michelle Woodhull, Owner at Kings Courtyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Kings Courtyard Inn. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property, especially the room service breakfast and perfect location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2020

We've stayed in many different Charleston hotels but our recent stay at King's Courtyard Inn was our favorite. For us, the location is perfect, the pet room off of the courtyard was lovely and very convenient. The staff, from check-in to breakfast server and cleaning crew were very friendly and welcoming. We won't be staying any place else in the future.

Room tip: Our room, 402, is perfect for those traveling with pets.
Date of stay: October 2020
Michelle Woodhull, Owner at Kings Courtyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Kings Courtyard Inn. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property, especially the friendly staff and perfect location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2020 via mobile

Wonderful stay, the staff were so nice and friendly. The room and breakfast were fantastic. As was the wine and cheese hour, also the coffee or tea and cold bottled water 24 hrs was a great convenience. Great location, can walk to everything. We will stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank D1181NKmichelleb
Michelle Woodhull, Owner at Kings Courtyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Kings Courtyard Inn. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property, especially the wine and cheese hour and perfect location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed October 12, 2020

Everything about the place was excellent. Walking distance to everything in Charleston. Complimentary breakfast delivered to you everyday. Staff was friendly and very professional. Would definitely stay again.

Room tip: We chose a room on the street which in the morning you could hear them emptying trash cans but it wasn't horrible.
Date of stay: October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Kings Courtyard Inn. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property, especially the breakfast and perfect location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!