“One of our Favorite places to stay in Downtown Charleston!”
Review of Lodge Alley Inn

Lodge Alley Inn
Ranked #38 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We have stayed here a number of times. It is always a pleasure. Only one time we got a room that we did not care for. We stayed in it one night and they let us move. the staff is always friendly and the location is great!

Room Tip: I would say most of the rooms are great. Keep in mind, this is the historic district and so the buil...
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Becky D

Reviewed 8 December 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Lodge Alley on two occasions, one being our 25th Anniversary. We love the location. Everything is within walking distance. Great restaurants and the market are all close. Lodge Alley is a great stay in the historic district of Charleston SC.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Bakersdough
Reviewed 5 November 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Lodge about 5 or 6 times...both with and without our two children. Overall, I can say that we have never been disappointed in the accomodations. They are all unique and I never noticed any noise issues. Some things to take note of:

- The location is great, but you will have to pay an additional $6-12 for vallet parking per day and tip every time you want your car, which can add up.

- As others have mentioned, the customer service is bellow average. On our honeymoon, they charged our credit card for some room service that never found it's way to our room (later found out someone had it sent to the wrong room) and it took me 6 months, and finally threat of a law suit to get the charges reversed.

- They will hassle you to purchase a time share with Blue Green. DO NOT do it! We own one and I can promise you will be dissapointed.

- They allow smoking in all the rooms, so if you end up with a room that stinks of smoke, all they will do is give you an ionizer to help clear the odor. I have never been in a room that smells, but it makes me nervous checking in every time.

If you are uncomfortable with any of that, know that there are plenty of nice hotels and inns to stay at in the Downtown Charleston area.

Room Tip: You usually can't request a certain room and they are almost always booked, but if you can reque...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank mumerk
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My wife and I are Bluegreen Owners and had decided to visit Charleston via Lodge Alley location. First and foremost, let me say thank you to the valet service men who took care of our bags and vehicle. A job well done. The nicest people you will meet there. The pictures of the location you see in the brochure are not what they appear in person. This was previously a warehouse area and still has the feel to it. The fountain area is cool however mostly people smoking outside are the people you will meet there. In the main building where we stayed, the concierage desk is directly next to the elevator. I would recommend that you find the exit near the patio to get away from harrasing requests for an "owner update" which is translation for "we're going to sell you more than you can afford." We are in a studio apartment which I thought was nice but my wife did not due to the spiral staircase and upstairs bathroom. Clean room. The location is very good to get to just about everywhere downtown. The front desk staff is very much lacking in manners and help with questions. I can't say there is anything about the location itself that would make me want to stay at the hotel during the day. If you stay here, use it for that purpose of getting where you want to go without parking and don't expect more than that. The Laurel Crest location in Pigeon Forge is the only other Bluegreen location we've been to that is worse than this place. The Sandlapper Ghost in boat tour Charleston was fun and we went on a very comfortable night.

Room Tip: Good luck in getting the room you want. We were told by the restort sales person that people with t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank John G
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I brought my one year old to Charleston and read reviews that this is not the place to stay with kids...but am happy to report that our stay was wonderful. Our room was right on the street side and there was some noise on the weekend nights, but nothing that wasn't tolerable and easy for my son to sleep through. The rooms were nice, the courtyard was a great place to hang out. The staff was super nice and helpful. I would totally recommend this place and hope to make it back there sometime soon!

Room Tip: don't get a room that faces the street
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank eriepahmoon
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I love this hotel It has a stunning courtyard and fountain, and the loft rooms are fantstic and roomy Valet parking is a nice touch It is however a timeshare and not really a hotel so the sales and marketing is at times aggressive, but you just ignore them High cotton has good food and I cannot say enough about the location I always enjoy my stay there and have been going since 2000

Room Tip: get a loft on the inner courtyard
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank hilsman
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I have stayed there several times. Valet parking, Cotton Club Restaurant, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, right in the middle of everything you want to see and do. The courtyard with the fountain is a nice place to sit and have a bottle of wine and a cigar. I love the atmosphere of the whole place!

Room Tip: No pool. Cotton Club is open for lunch and dinner only.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple