10 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.comUS$289
Hotels.comUS$289
Trip.comUS$372
2,929 results
All reviews rooftop bar drawing room milk and cookies main building waterfront park no window free bikes wine reception perfect location gas fireplace complimentary wine king room valet parking turn down service the entire staff happy hour historic district
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2021

Shane & Danielle are the most WONDERFUL people I have ever met. Their hospitality makes my heart swell. They are happy, sweet, kind, caring, cool, and everything you want in a person to greet you at a hotel. They are quite literally the best concierge service ever. I can’t stress this enough. They are incredible. The Vendue should be so proud to have such incredible people on their staff. I will be back because of them and I am telling everyone I know to visit this hotel because of them. You don’t find this kind of service anywhere!!!!! Stay here tonight. 100 out of 5 stars ⭐️

Trip type: Travelled with family

Jennymeyers,
Shane and Danielle are indeed incredible! I'm very happy to hear that you think so too, and yes they are very valued members of our team. I'll be sure to share your kind words with them both as I know they'll be thrilled.
Please come and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2021

The Vendue is a beautiful and clean hotel with friendly, kind and extremely helpful concierges Danielle and Shane. We loved the artwork and location of the hotel. They are very dog friendly and were located near the water and a park for walking my dog. Lexie (fur baby) enjoyed her stay and was a big hit among guests. We would highly recommend staying at The Vendue for your trip to Charleston. This hotel exceeded our expectations and more!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

897laurync,
Thank you for taking the time to share this great review of your recent birthday visit. I'm so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations! We absolutely love our four-legged guests and I'm happy to hear that Lexie enjoyed her visit as well. Our location is definitely one of the best in the historic district making casual strolls through Waterfront Park easy breezy. I will be sure to share your kind words with Shane and Danielle. Please come and visit with us again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2021

Upon arrival at this quaint hotel was met with Donna's smiling face and friendly southern accent.We were greeted as newlyweds and then escorted to a beautiful room with water view and fireplace. Moments later Donna arrived with champagne and best wishes. The staff here, and especially, Shane and Danielle are friendly and most helpful with any and all answers to make your stay memorable and special. Spending our honeymoon here was such a wise decision with all the wonders of this great city just steps away from its front door.

Room tip: All rooms are outstanding and decorated with beautiful artwork. Our corner suite was large and sunny and beautifully appointed.

windollg,
We are honored that you selected The Vendue to celebrate such a special occasion! Casual strolls through the beauty and history of the historic district are definitely made easy by our wonderful location. I'm so pleased to hear that Donna, Shane, and Danielle were instrumental in making your experience one to remember. Please come and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2021 via mobile

Highly recommend a visit to the Vendue, whether a stay or a visit to the rooftop, a visit here is worth it. Fun artwork throughout the hotel really adds to the atmosphere. Our first night we stayed in an interior room(which I do not recommend) and woke up to a nonstop water drip. We went across the street to the front desk and the attendants were so kind and put us in a different room for our 2nd night. The service at every turn is exceptional and a special shout out to Sam and Chastity for their help with our “water feature” and getting us into a room so we could get some sleep!! We look forward to our next stay there!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

babsped,
Thank you for sharing this review, especially given what happened. My apology that you had to move rooms during your visit, but I'm happy that you were pleased in the end. The Vendue is comprised of a collection of nearly 250 year old buildings that require constant maintenance to avoid issues such as your "water feature". I'm also very happy to hear that Sam and Chastity were able to turn your stay around and make for a great experience. Please do come and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2021

This is very difficult to write as I considered it my pleasure to have stayed at the Vendue just days ago and in fact, couldn't sing their praises enough until last night. Upon checking out, I noticed I left a rather private item in my hotel room and called to have it discreetly put away so I could retrieve it the next week. Last night, I drove an hour back to the hotel only to be informed that my nearly $300 gift had been thrown away by Deirdra, the manager no less, without ever having notified me or considering its value. What's more-the woman at the desk giggled about it just in case I needed any further confirmation this was probably the running joke of the week then added that Deirdra would toss me $30 for it if I liked! To put it lightly, I am utterly appalled by the way in which I was treated, leaving me feeling confused and reduced to shame. Not only is it completely illegal for a hotel to dispose of guests personal property after 9 days and absolutely no attempt to contact that party but beyond unethical. Needless to say I am stunned and despondent by the total disregard of respect, and very basic human decency by the staff. I cannot fathom treating someone like they don't matter simply because something of theirs may cause me to feel slightly uncomfortable. I'm so shocked and embarrassed by this unfortunate turn of events and I will be taking it up with corporate first thing tomorrow.

5  Thank gisellea985