6 people are viewing this hotel
US$229
Free cancellation until 21-04-24
US$229
Free cancellation until 21-04-25
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$231
US$201
SAVE US$30
Hotels.comUS$229
HomewoodUS$229
Trip.comUS$231
All reviews king street front desk valet parking full size refrigerator historic district meeting street uber ride social hour breakfast staff valet service visitor center restaurants and bars within walking distance complimentary breakfast excellent stay spacious rooms evening reception
Selected filters
Reviewed November 17, 2020 via mobile

To say that our 3 day stay was perfect is an understatement! Check in was a breeze! Quick, efficient... the valet parking, while an extra cost, did make me feel that my car was safe and the fast in and out pick-up/drop off, was appreciated. The room was spotless, huge, very well appointed. We had the one bedroom suite and it was much more suited to being called a one bedroom apartment. There remotes and surfaces were Covid sanitized which was nice. It felt like a NEW apartment! It truly was spotless! The front desk staff... absolute perfection in customer service. Even while training a new girl every of my requests were eagerly met. The girl in training, when alone, did a great job to help us find a dinner spot on King st. And told us where to find Dr. Peppers! Which they do need to stock at the hotel. :) The breakfast staff were the absolute best I have ever encountered at any hotel and I travel 300 days a year and have been to many hotels! Every morning they were cheerful and accommodating! On one day there was a particularly demanding guest in front of me demanding a speciality, detailed breakfast that was not on the menu. They were so kind and catering to this man who obviously thought he was at a 5 star restaurant. LOL. During Covid they are offering a wonderful hot breakfast with new offerings daily. It’s done cafeteria style and very safe. I hope the powers in charge read this review and will verbally let these ladies know how much their gracious service and hot breakfast meant to us. They were the high point of our stay as well as the most noted. Unfortunately we were in Charleston for 3 days of Dr appointments for our child. It was not fun times but having a comfortable, restful place to return to made all the difference for us. On the last day at breakfast the manager greeted us and inquired about our stay and thanked us for choosing them during these trying times. She even asked if there was anything they could improve on... which is rare

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 463deidrag
Reviewed November 13, 2020

I am visiting my family here in Charleston, S.C. (First time visiting) when I was greeted by my Valet attendant, Matt S.
He was very friendly and professional, which was much appreciated. When I went to check in, I was greeted by Darnell who was extremely efficient with getting me checked in, while making sure any questions I had were answered professionally, with welcoming hospitality. Thank you.

Stephen Lester

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2020

My friends and I visited Charleston in October 2020. We stayed in Homewood Suites by Hilton for 4 days and was surprised by the hospitality of all the team members this hotel.From the time we arrived, Charlene made us feel at home ! Evryone was friendly and tried to help us .We felt very comfortable even during this time of Covid -19, they took every step to protect their selves and their guests. We are very grateful Charlene for everything. She did such a wonderful job !
The room and property are very clean, the food is delicious, and the staff is immaculate . This hotel has a wonderful management !
Excellent service !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2020

The hotel is in a good location, an easy walk to downtown Charleston. We had a nice time visiting and the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful.
The room was okay but needs a better clean. The carpet was grubby, the sofa dirty and the shower had mildew. Not sure why it rated so high online because it was very average! Parking is valet only and pricey. Only other options are a lot across the street where you pay by app or street meters. Fun few days in Charleston, but would have liked a better hotel experience.

2  Thank kanteamtravel
Reviewed October 19, 2020 via mobile

This hotel is fairly new, clean, and all the staff are very friendly and accommodating. The only reason for four stars instead of five is because some of the staff did not wear their masks up over their noses. Most staff did, but there was one valet and a couple of folks working the breakfast that did not. It didn’t give me a good feeling having someone park my car with no mask over their nose (worse than wearing no mask at all). Management may need to have some training on that. Other than that, it was a great place to stay. It’s a good location, the rooms were large, clean and comfortable and everyone working there were polite and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled on business