“Fantastic little gem”
Review of Aji Asian Bistro

Aji Asian Bistro
Ranked #336 of 1,017 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed October 29, 2018

This is now one of my favorite places to dine, and definitely my favorite place to dine when I want Asian cuisine. I have been dining here since early 2018. I have to admit I was hesitant to try them after they opened, assuming they were another "cookie cutter" Asian restaurant. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The food is fantastic, and consistently so. Everything is prepared fresh. The Hibachi and Wok entrees are excellent, as is the Sushi. I have not been to another sushi restaurant in Charleston since I had my first sushi at Aji Asian Bistro ......... it's simply the best in my opinion.

Another pleasant surprise was the atmosphere. The restaurant is very tastefully done and upscale in appearance, something I was not expecting on Harborview Rd. in the out parcel of the shopping center. The service is first rate as well. Joyce and her husband, the owner/operators, are always present and always put their customers first. I joke with Joyce telling her I've been hesitant to put out a review on them, because if Charleston discovers this little gem, I won't be able to get a seat anymore. They are to tasty though to remain unknown. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank JIFoodlover

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Best Asian/Sushi West of the Ashley.
Great Service, Fresh Sushi/Sashimi, nice selection of appetizers and a whole page of asian Teas. Very Reasonably priced as well.Amazing Food!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

If you are from the west coast or even the northwest, as I am, you grew up on the greatest teriyaki on earth. Safe to say there is not one place in this metro that sells even decent teriyaki! Please go west and learn from the people who have Beard style teriyaki. I wish I could bring it here

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2018

We vacation at Kiawah island for many years and have dined at other Japanese restaurants. We came to Aji shortly after it opened and have made this our go to Japanese restaurant. Dined there numerous times during our last stay, and was always pleased with the quality of the food. The chef is super creative, the food always fresh, the atmosphere is very attractive and the staff extremely pleasant and attentive. Well worth the drive here, if you have never dined here before, do yourself a favor and drop in, you will extremely pleased.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Convivial place. Friendly staff and vibe. Good rolls but not spectacular. Nigiri was really nice. Good place for a date. We kept eating and ordering as we went. Our very helpful waitress was always on hand. Worth a return visit when we are on James Island.

Date of visit: July 2018