Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great tour with Mike

Mike really knows his Charleston history! We have taken ghost tours in other cities, but this is by... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2018
rcw923
Detroit, Michigan
via mobile
History

We spend our last morning doing this wonderful walking tour of the homes and history of old town... read more

Reviewed October 17, 2018
Penny M
Texas
via mobile

All reviews ghost tour mike brown great tour creepy stories story teller ghost walk highly recommend this tour great stories his knowledge small group history podcast information terror storytelling homes sites
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

My mom and I decided on a last minute weekend trip to Charleston and didn’t have a dog sitter for my Pomeranian. So we decided to take him with us. We both really wanted to go on a ghost tour so I booked the tour with mike and emailed him asking if it was dog friendly so we didn’t have to leave the pup in the hotel. He responded quickly and said George (my dog) was more than welcome to come. Mike was friendly and even offered us bug spray before we left the park. The tour was very interesting and intriguing. Mike made us and George feel welcome. Would highly recommend!

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I are huge history buffs and have been on a few ghost tours in the past but Mike was by far the best guide that we’ve had. He clearly knows his stuff and is an incredible story teller as well! Very personable and put a great twist on his stories with experiences of past tours and eerie things that have happened. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a fun, informative, and spooky tour!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Our group of 7 enjoyed the tour, which was needed to be book a few weeks ahead of time. After meeting in Washington Square (which was a neat place on its own), the tour of around 20 headed out. Mike was a great tour guide, who showed us pictures that really helped keep the tour interesting. The story for each stop on the tour was engaging and Mike kept it fun through the creepiness. I do wish he were able to stop at the Old City Jail, which was talked about extensively, but apparently only one company is able to do tours there.

I would recommend this tour to anyone! Not too scary for kids as long as they aren't easily frightened.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

We had a really good time on Mike Brown's 9:30 p.m. ghost tour. He is clearly a very experienced guide and knows how to tell a story. Additionally, we were allowed to bring our dog on the tour (there is no indication she disturbed the spirits!). We learned Mike had a podcast and even listened to it on the way home. A great way to spend an evening in Charleston!

Reviewed July 29, 2018

We have been on quite a few ghost tours in various cities, and this one ranks at the very top! The tour guide, Mike, doesn't just tell stories, he shares his personal experiences, which makes the storytelling much spookier! Mike isn't merely a tour guide; he has made it his life's work to explore spooky happenings in spooky places (not just in Charleston, but throughout the country) for the past 20 years. He doesn't simply tell you about the creepy things that "other people" have experienced in the old jail --- he shares his personal experience of spending the night in the old jail. Actually, he's had multiple personal experiences in the old jail --- all of them very creepy! We visited quite a few sites around Charleston, including Poogan's Porch, the Library Society building, a churchyard, and "Bloody Alley". In addition to telling gripping tales, Mike shared photos that were REALLY spooky. My one regret is that we did this tour our first night in town instead of our last, because after the tour, I was too scared to go inside some of the buildings during the day! (As with most ghost tours, the tour does not go inside any buildings.). This is a great tour for teens and adults. As adults without children, we appreciated that the stories weren't watered-down to be "kid-friendly". I'm sure there are plenty of other tour companies out there that cater to families with kids, but this tour is great for those who want a truly spooky experience! I highly recommend it!

1  Thank katsusanna