18 people are viewing this hotel
US$629
Free cancellation until 21-05-22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$499
SAVE US$130
PricelineUS$629
Agoda.comUS$629
All reviews mini cooper welcome drink tortellini complimentary coffee blue crab fritters glass water bottles room spray signature scent outdoor courtyard elevator buttons fox restaurant the hotel manager tomato toast cold brew research before booking efficient valet service hanger steak
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2020

Had a great birthday weekend in this beautiful hotel!!! Service was amazing and the people were very accommodating. Definitely recommend this hotel for a weekend getaway! It is in a prime location in the heart of downtown Charleston.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Brad Harvey, General Manager at Emeline, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2020

Thank you for staying with us at Emeline and for taking the time to provide the wonderful feedback regarding your visit. So glad to hear that you enjoyed the beauty of the hotel and the accommodating team members.

Please do come back and visit with us in the future. You may contact me at any time when your travels bring you back to Charleston.

Reviewed August 14, 2020 via mobile

The Emeline is an exceptional place to stay. I have worked in the service industry for years and my husband works in financial services and one thing we love and promote is anticipating the needs of the guest. The Emeline exceeded expectations. From valet to checking in we were greeted by a wonderful friendly staff and given many details of the hotel and recommendations for the restaurant and coffee shop.

Stayed in a room with two of the most amazing king beds (I mean really comfortable). Delisious coffee was delivered to the room each morning We tried the restaurant Frannie and the Fox. Our 2 children enjoyed the food and we enjoyed some yummy cocktails. Our server Kelsie was so friendly and knowledgeable. She was super nice and even gave us a complimentary dessert for my birthday. Which we enjoyed out in the very relaxing and beautiful courtyard.
Valet and bellman services were so helpful. Offering directions, recommendations and handing umbrellas out in the anticipation of rain.
After an amazing dinner at Hank's (a 10 second walk) we were going to go out for dessert but it began to rain. We ordered uber eats from Peacan Pie (delicious) grabbed a bottle of wine and relaxed on the second floor in a beautiful sitting area laughing and visiting.
Covid plans were also amazingly executed. Individual bags of ice, tissues for elevator buttons, sanitizer and masks worn properly by all.
Lovely visit will indeed return and expect this hotel will quickly head to the top of the list.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Brad Harvey, General Manager at Emeline, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2020

Thank you for staying with us at Emeline and providing such wonderful comments regarding the details of your visit. I am thrilled to see that we exceeded your expectatins, anticipated your needs and that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay.

I am glad to see that you have plans to return. Thank you also for the well wishes!! Please let me know when your travels bring you back to Charleston.

Reviewed August 12, 2020

Hotel Emeline just became my new favorite hotel hands down. We had the pleasure of staying at Emeline beginning of August 2020. From the moment you walk in, you are greeted by a beautifully decorated living room, a grand entrance, and their custom scent, all of which are meant to activate all your senses.

The style carried throughout the property is that of a vintage, 1950s/1960s with a modern twist.

The staff is incredible and welcoming and they immediately make you feel at home.

We are a family of four and stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with two king beds and a living room, which housed a Crosley record player, supplied with 3 records, one was a Miles Davis and another had a collection of songs curated for Emeline. I can't remember what the third was.

The beds were extremely comfortable and it was the best night's sleep I'd had in a while (I'm a terrible sleeper). The bathroom is modern with a large shower and great water pressure.

Besides the record player in our room (and also downstairs in the lobby/living room) another favorite feature is the water stations in each floor in front of the elevators. They supply glass bottles which you can fill with either still or sparkling water for free!

At Emeline you will also find Clerks Coffee, a super cute coffee shop where you can get breakfast and great coffee. I had the latte and it was amazing. For dinner, you can dine at Frannie and the Fox, a beautiful but casual restaurant with an Italian inspired menu made with fresh local foods. My boys loved the pizza and I highly recommend the Rigatoni with braised lamb. The crab fritters were really good too.

You can also grab a drink at the bar of Frannie and the Fox or sit on their outdoor patio. This patio has more of a European feel with all white furniture and umbrellas and a huge whitewashed brick fireplace.

The gym is on the 3rd floor and it was impressive! Equipped with 2 treadmills, an elyptical machine, a Peloton bike, a Smith machine and an aqua rowing machine. There's also a myriad of dumbbells, balls, kettle bells and also a water dispenser, bottles to fill, towels and disinfectant spray.

What else can I say other than our experience was so unique and we loved it there so much that we did not want to leave. We felt very safe amid the pandemic. Everyone was wearing their masks and they had tissue boxes all over to use for pressing elevator buttons and for the water stations.

Highly highly recommend if you plan to visit the beautiful city of Charleston.

***I tried adding a lot more photos but the website wouldn't load them for some reason. I will be making a video and posting on my IG [at]pepperedinstyle and my blog pepperedinstyle [dot com]

Room tip: Gym is on the third floor. You can purchase their signature scent. They also have two story suites next to the outdoor patio.
Date of stay: August 2020
Brad Harvey, General Manager at Emeline, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2020

Hello Anna,

What a pleasure it was to have you join us at Emeline this week. Thank you for such great feedback regarding the many fun, tasty and enjoyable experiences that guests can enjoy during there visits. I will be certain to pass along your comments to the team. Especially the part that they made you feel welcome and at home.

We hope that you will come back and join us again soon for more of the pizza, riggatoni and braised lamb or maybe just a cocktail on the courtyard.

Please let me know if there is any way that I may assist you in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2020 via mobile

Emeline exceeds all expectations and is my new favorite US hotel. Great suite with Nina Simone on the record changer as we walked in. Super food and cocktails. On par with the Hanoi Metropole. Great job Emeline!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Brad Harvey, General Manager at Emeline, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2020

Wow, we are excited to see that Emeline is now your new favorite US Hotel. We are so excited to be offering guests some unique experiences that the seasoned travelers will enjoy.

My hope is that you will come back and visit again soon. I will share your comments with Josh and Bryan at the bar and the Chef in Frannie and the Fox.

Reviewed August 9, 2020

We loved our stay at hotel Emeline! Everything was perfect and the hotel is beautiful. Clerks coffee and breakfast was spot on. Staff was super helpful, accommodating and professional. I can’t recommend this place enough!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for joining us at Emeline! We are so glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel team, Clerks Coffee Company and the overall decor and ambiance. Our goal is to deliver the Emeline experience and I am pleased to see this was accomplished during your visit.

Please come back and visit us again soon!

Best regards,