Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,856 results
All reviews historic district public restrooms king street calhoun street within walking distance the hotel is clean walked everywhere marion square meeting street marriott college homes market downtown valet uber bellman
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2021 via mobile

Stayed at this courtyard by Marriott and was disappointed. No microwave in room. Few towels. One tiny shampoo for 2 day stay. Bar and restaurant closed. Was close to King street and all restaurants. No breakfast.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maodayrtravels
Lucas Walsh, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2021

Thank you for your valued feedback, Maodayrtravels. I apologize we fell short of your expectations. Though we do not have a microwave in each room, we have a microwave available in our Market that is available for all guests to use. It is also cleaned and sanitized after each use.

The amount of towels and toiletries are the standard quantities set by Marriott. If you had called the front desk, we would have been more than happy to provide additional towels and toiletries.

We have hopes to reopen our bistro soon, but our owners are waiting due to the unpredictable levels of COVID-19.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope you will consider giving us another chance to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2021

The valets t and the front desk staff were nice. When we were put on the 6th floor, we were fairly excited but once we got into the room - found out it was just okay. There was a hair prominently placed on the side of the tub. The furniture is scuffed. Beds were soft. The carpet in the hallway is old and stained. Around 1000 pm, we heard loud yelling in the hall which sounded like teenage girls screeching about something. They quieted down and then at 1110 PM turned on their TV (apparently they were in the room next to us) quite loud. I called the desk and the manager came right up to tell them to knock it off, which they did. However, this hotel was NOT FULL so why are you placing people next to each other? Once this is updated it should be nice.

Room tip: ask for room facing Calhoun Street and away from other travelers.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank merry10

We have a wonderful staff here at the Courtyard and I am glad that you were able to see that. I apologize that the 6th floor room wasn't to your expectation. I will mention cleanliness to our executive housekeeper and and scuff marks to our Chief Engineer.

I apologize there were other guests who were not respectful of their noise levels. But I'm glad my front desk staff acted immediately.

Thank you for your valued feedback. We will use this to ensure we are offering the best service for our guests.

Reviewed January 12, 2021

The Courtyard is within walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shopping on King Street. Rooms were recently redecorated. Comfy pillows and bed. Front desk secured a taxi to airport on a rush basis when my scheduled taxi did not show.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Fastqanda35

I so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very privileged to have such a central location. I am glad that my staff was able to accommodate your needs in a timely manner. We hope your travels will bring you back to Charleston soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2021 via mobile

Great service!! I stayed for New Years and it is in the most convenient location! It is also a reasonable price for being located in the heart of Charleston! Dan the valet and all the other valets were so helpful and friendly!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank hsmcconnell

I am happy to hear that chose our hotel to bring in the New Year. Charleston is a beautiful city, and a perfect choice to make long lasting memories. Our valet staff has elevated our hotels services that we provide. Dan was very instrumental in initiating the rolll out and ensuring the transition was seamless for both our staff and our guests.

We hope that your travels will bring you back to Charleston again soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2020

Great location in the historic district and competitively priced. Hotel is very dated, old style bath tub to climb into. The property is showing it’s age, mildew on grout in bathroom. Not the cleanest Marriot although the room was sufficient. No cups out for morning coffee, had to track the desk clerk down to get a cup at 6:00 am. With all the lodging options in the area this is not one I would return to. Entire property needs a thorough cleaning and renovation.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank grover1959
Lucas Walsh, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations. It is always our goal to provide a high level of service. I will share your review with my staff to ensure we are offering our best for all our guests.